Thread: How Do You Fix Long Movie With A Short Timer

finalLY i FIND A PLACE WHERE i CAN GET SOME DAMNED ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
    I have quite a few clips that are a little lengthy but the playback times are wrong
    Meaninng Ill have a big file that should maybe play for 10 minute say...and the playback timer with only say 1 minute
    Funny thing is though, if you watch it for a minute itll run
    But if you skip like say to the 30 second marker and let it play...youll see a part of the clip thatll be beyond anything youve seen if you let it play str8 through...actuall itll play from the original 5 minute piont [for this given scenario] but only for the remaining 30 seconds?
    Go figure

How the heck do you fix that

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Ex-member
    You're using Windows Media Player, right?

WMP does that sometimes. Try using a different media player for movies. I quite like Light Alloy.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I think it's a corrupt .mpg file. You might have to reencode them to .avi using Virtualdub which might fix it. However when I had a couple like that PowerDVD would play them when all other players would not.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Actually theyll play the same on real 1 and wmp as if parts of the movie are layered on top of each other.
    One file you can try is Ice and Mr marcus
    Hot ass chick.everything getting started..movies over..back the slider up a little and let it run...action...for a couple of seconds...you keep doing that you realize it a full blown scene theres a few others

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    guess you cant fix them huh?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    As suggested above, try reencoding them to .avi with virtualdub.