Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sushi
    ditto

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    He did not get the death penalty yet.The jury only said it,not the judge

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    It seems I'm one of the few that think this is rediculous for a few reasons.

There was no concrete evidence, it was all circumstantial. The death penalty shouldn't be used unless there is concrete evidence convicting the indivisual.

The severity of the crime needs to be considered. The murder of the Laci and her child was truly dreadful, but it's hard for me to consider a double homicide as severe as a bombing that killed hundreds of people, including children at daycare. The death penalty is supposed to be for the worst of the worst. Compare the two, one's obviously much worse.

And of course, life in prison seems like more of a punishment anyways.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Eh we need more executions in the world, not less dwightfry. And an execution thats as brutal as the crime. Not that I really care about the Scott Peterson case. If he is executed just so I can stop hearing about it in the media constantly, then it'll be worth it.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by whiterook-2
    death penatly?.... cmon, think about it. nowadays the death is painless and quick.
    I think he should be put in prison for the rest of his life, with regular shower gang bangs and daily beatings from the rest of the prison population.

Oh yep....death is just too much of an easy way out for him and for the authorities...bread and water, no medical treatment regardless of illness...just to add to whiterook's little idea....

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Eh we need more executions in the world, not less dwightfry. And an execution thats as brutal as the crime. Not that I really care about the Scott Peterson case. If he is executed just so I can stop hearing about it in the media constantly, then it'll be worth it.
    Execution is murder. It exists for the worst of situations. If you are going to throw out the basis of it's existances, at the very least you should need solid evidence showing you have the right guy. 'Beyond reasonable doubt' is okay for convicting somebody, but when it comes to execution there should be absolutly no doubt.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Oh yep....death is just too much of an easy way out for him and for the authorities...bread and water, no medical treatment regardless of illness...just to add to whiterook's little idea....
    There are a couple of problems I see with him spending life in prison. Because of criminal rights laws and prisoner's rights laws, the above would never be allowed to happen. And with a prisoner that's had as much media exposure as Scott Peterson, the likelihood of him ever entering the general population in the prison is doubtful. It's hard to believe that the prisoners of San Quentin have never heard of him. His lawyer is sure to know this, as is the state, which - if his sentence was converted to life in prison - might keep him out of the general population for his own protection. This is just speculation on my part, of course.

As it stands, he'll have at least a decade or two to wait it out in a cell before the needle goes into his arm, if in fact it ever does.

I don't believe in the death penalty in all cases. When a child is murdered, in cold blood, even one, I do believe it is fitting and just.
    Last edited by NikkiD; 12-14-2004 at 07:04 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightfry
    Execution is murder. It exists for the worst of situations. If you are going to throw out the basis of it's existances, at the very least you should need solid evidence showing you have the right guy. 'Beyond reasonable doubt' is okay for convicting somebody, but when it comes to execution there should be absolutly no doubt.
    Did you watch the same trial I did ? Believe me, there is no doubt.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    I followed it as closely as I could without actually seeking information. Seeing as I work at a TV station that was a lot. All I saw was he's not a good guy. He lied to his mistress while his wifes disappearence was being investigated. He tried to change his appearence, sold his wifes car, etc. What solid evidence was there? I believe none. I'm not going to pretend to know everything about the case, because I don't. But from what I've heard there was hardly enough evidence to convict the guy let alone kill him.

So, how about some insight on what makes this an open and shut case?

(Don't think that I am defending him. I'm not. If things are as clear as you say, I must have missed something big.)
    Last edited by dwightfry; 12-14-2004 at 08:40 PM.
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-
    -Dwight Fry-

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    It would actually cost the state less to keep him in prison for life than go through all the appeals etc. involved as a safety net.... But then thank goodness that the appeal system is there as was proven a few weeks ago when an innocent man was realeased after 20 years on death row.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast