Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peterson given death

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I don't believe in the death panalty and just about any case. Probably life in prison is more fitting.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    It would actually cost the state less to keep him in prison for life than go through all the appeals etc. involved as a safety net.... But then thank goodness that the appeal system is there as was proven a few weeks ago when an innocent man was realeased after 20 years on death row.
    Substitute "could" for "would" and that might fly, but as Peterson is a relative youngster, I rather doubt it.

This is not to diminish the outrageous cost of the appeals process.

As an aside, it occurs to me the legal system ought to accomodate a malpractice tort for victims of bad lawyering.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    EDIT
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 12-15-2004 at 03:02 AM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Just kill his worthless ass. Who really cares? Well not me.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    I don't believe in the death panalty and just about any case. Probably life in prison is more fitting.
    I would take a more radical approach.....

Exile to a habitable island.

No Escape springs to mind.

That way they are not being killed by the government and they are sent away from our lives.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I would take a more radical approach.....

Exile to a habitable island.

No Escape springs to mind.

That way they are not being killed by the government and they are sent away from our lives.
    Yeah, we need another australia. (That is what happened, is it not?)

Just kill his worthless ass. Who really cares? Well not me.
    I fear the day you are put on a jury

How about someone giving me one peice of hard evidence convicting the guy?
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    How about the bodies floating up about 2 miles from where he said he went fishing ? Why did he sneak about with different cars to the Berkley marina several times after the seach there started ? talk about returning to the scene of the crime

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    How about the bodies floating up about 2 miles from where he said he went fishing ? Why did he sneak about with different cars to the Berkley marina several times after the seach there started ? talk about returning to the scene of the crime
    WTF? That's not hard evidence, it's circumstantial.
    How many other people were within 2 miles of the place the bodies showed up? People do all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons, and one person's 'sneaking about' is another's strolling around.
    So, for an Englishman completely untainted by press and courtroom imagery, can you offer some irrevocable evidence to even link him to the crime?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Motherfuckers allways get whats commin to them in the end.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mofos
    Motherfuckers allways get whats commin to them in the end.
    I unblocked you for that?
    The big problem is that they don't - and there are more than a few cases of the wrong motherfucker getting what should be 'coming to' the real perpetrator.

A few years ago 'Dubbya' refused to commute the death sentence for a man (who was executed some days later) convicted on the evidence of one witness the other side of the street from the crime, even after several witnesses that were much closer to the event had given evidence stating that he was not the man they saw committing the offence.
    If I can find a link I'll post it.

HERE

And HERE
    The evidence was ambiguous. Graham was condemned to death on the basis of testimony by a single eyewitness, Bernadine Skillern, who acknowledged that she only saw the assailant for two seconds at a distance of 30 to 40 feet. There was also evidence that Skillern was coached by police, who showed her a photo array of possible suspects, before being asked to review a real-life lineup. The only suspect in both lineups was Graham. Another witness who said he also saw the shooter did not pick Graham out of the lineup. But this witness and a second exculpatory witness were never interviewed by Graham's lawyer and neither testified at Graham's trial. There were so many questions about Graham's guilt and his incompetent representation that even the somnambulant Board of Pardons and Paroles produced five votes recommending that the death sentence be commuted to life in prison.
    Last edited by Smurfette; 12-18-2004 at 11:27 AM.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast