Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF is CSN/FTP, etc....

In quebec when ever there are people protesting whatever there are always holding signs like CSN which has a has a rope logo like this: and FTP which has a logo like this: and there always in french. I want to know does anyone here know who or what those people are? I ask this because I know there are some people here who live in quebec.

There are so fucking annoying. The bus drivers here were wearing their logo when there were protesting, The SAQ (Quebec liquor store) are also protesting holding up signs with logo of what seems to be a similar organization. Every time there is a fuckin protest those signs and other sings similar to CSN, FTP show up. Where do these people come from and why don’t they just go away. I mean if they must stay why they don’t they explain themselves. They should go to a local newspaper or news station and explain who the fuck there are.
    Last edited by Ariel_001; 12-14-2004 at 04:48 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    CSN Website - French only!

CSN is la Confederation de syndicats nationaux (Confederation of National Trade Unions).

Do you mean FPT (not FTP)? Would make sense with the two organisations though I'm not sure - my French is very rusty.

FPT Website (English version)

FPT is the formation professionelle et technique au Quebec. (Professional and technical training in Quebec).

That's what I could find on Google anyway.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    The first site is correct,They looks scary, kind of like a extremist group.:

Second one is not it.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    http://www.ftpf.qc.ca/

Federation Of Paper & Forest Workers

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel_001
    Where do these people come from and why don’t they just go away.
    also: LOL. do you really want trade unions to go away because "they are so fucking annoying." that's an... um... interesting point of view? have you considered making a sign and protesting against them.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-14-2004 at 10:30 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi

The Federation Of Paper & Forest Workers have stolen the British symbol for ladies toilets :confused:

3ra1n1ac, I think Ariel was expressing frustration at why they don't explicitly state what they're protesting against rather than a desire for the abolition of all trade unions.

Regardless, I still think he should construct a banner and mount a protest against trade unions
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    File Transfer Protocol

Oh wait, I did'nt read it right Sorry, carry on

Jonno

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Phew, I thought it was going to be "F*ck The P*pe".
    Last edited by lynx; 12-14-2004 at 04:41 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

The Federation Of Paper & Forest Workers have stolen the British symbol for ladies toilets :confused:

3ra1n1ac, I think Ariel was expressing frustration at why they don't explicitly state what they're protesting against rather than a desire for the abolition of all trade unions.

Regardless, I still think he should construct a banner and mount a protest against trade unions
    Is that what they are? Trade Unions? Are you sure. I am trying the read the french site, but it pisses me off to much. I always thought they are just people that come out of nowhere just to cause troble.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel_001
    Is that what they are? Trade Unions? Are you sure. I am trying the read the french site, but it pisses me off to much. I always thought they are just people that come out of nowhere just to cause troble.
    I have no idea, mate.

My post was assuming that 3ra1n1ac's info was correct. I see what I assumed about your post was pretty accurate so I got it at least half right
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    http://www.ftpf.qc.ca/

Federation Of Paper & Forest Workers

also: LOL. do you really want trade unions to go away because "they are so fucking annoying." that's an... um... interesting point of view? have you considered making a sign and protesting against them.
    Thanks for that, it's been driving me nuts wondering what it was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast