Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: theres some very silly people in wales

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    no not actually doing a stupid shit. i meant random nonsense comedy stuff

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    :relieved:

:notreally:
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    Ah. Because I actually did get my job with Channel 5 for doing an accurate portrayal of Tubgirl...

4. Lounge   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Quote Originally Posted by thedave
    Ah. Because I actually did get my job with Channel 5 for doing an accurate portrayal of Tubgirl...
    Shit's fucked up.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Maybe the missus will be happy watching this webcam rather than making me endure hour upon worthless hour of watching that Most Haunted drivel on Living TV.

I tried to make Sky give me a package that didn't include Living TV but they said it's impossible - you have to have it .. and yes, there are some silly people in Wales

Manker,

Is the missus technical at all? You can just program your TV and remote to ignore that channel. You can just tell her it must be the ghosts. Problem solved.

BTW, I don't get this post, I saw nothing in the picture.
    Last edited by hobbes; 12-15-2004 at 12:58 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Manker,

Is the missus technical at all? You can just program your TV and remote to ignore that channel. You can just tell her it must be the ghosts. Problem solved.

BTW, I don't get this post, I saw nothing in the picture.
    Unfortunately she is the one that tunes the TV in, wires up the surround sound, puts shelves up, wallpapers - that sort of thing.

I never knew this was possible so I hope she doesn't block out the sports channels. Handily the intricacy of computer software baffles her so she will never see this post

This thread relates to a webcam situated at Llancaiach fawr, the most haunted house in Wales. It's about an hour's drive from here, I've been there twice under protest as a kid.

You know, with all these 24/7 webcams, CCTV, professional mediums and TV programs serialising the scrutinisation of the most haunted places on earth, you'd think that these fright fans would get the message that they will never, ever, see a ghost.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

You know, with all these 24/7 webcams, CCTV, professional mediums and TV programs serialising the scrutinisation of the most haunted places on earth, you'd think that these fright fans would get the message that they will never, ever, see a ghost.
    Really these people are no different from those seeking a sign from God. When nothing is ever received, they just make shit up.

Do you know how many idiots clamber to these "Virgin Mary" stains on a park bench or tree sap that is in the image of the "Virgin" and such.

People consume their lives in search of the Holy Grail, a ghost, a UFO. It is all the same reason, to look for evidence of a higher order or power.

They just want to know, "Is this it, this short life, is that all I have? And what is the point. Am I not special and unique?"
    Last edited by hobbes; 12-15-2004 at 02:02 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Indeed, if folk would start looking realistically at these things then I wouldn't have to miss Eastenders because the sprit of Anne of Cleves was about to be roused nor would I have to drive my Gran to Church every Thursday. Ah well.

In mind of what you wrote about the Mary stains, I expect you heard of the 'Virgin Mary toast' being sold on Ebay recently for a sum in excess of $20,000.

It's now worth at least double that

9. Lounge   -   #19
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    There is a ghost if you look carefully.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12