Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit Torrent : An Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Seems wrong to me as well. Which part of the article says this Ziggy? I read it all but can't see this figure anywhere...
    keep looking its on the top

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Withcheese, it's in the first paragraph(half way down).

30%(ish) sounds about right to me(only my opinion), what else on the internet shares such a massive volume(or is it volumn?) of file sizes?

I mean, a friend of mine has a 1gb d/l limit per month on a 1mb line which he's quite happy with cos he doesn't d/l movies, I know loads of people that are happy doing this as well.

Now me, I have a 1/2mb line but it's unlimited and cos I d/l movies I regularly pass the 20 or 30gb's per month, so I d/l as much as 30 other users on the internet, then chuck in the "power" users with the big connections with unlimited and, well........you get the picture.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    think about it in terms of volume though...what are the uses for the internet?

P2P downloading (incl movie streaming)
    Website Viewing
    Email traffic
    Legal Downloading (Linux etc)

Now, the middle 2 dont use much bandwidth relative to people who download 800MB avis and even dvd-9's, so they are pretty small in comparison. That leaves Downloading p2p and legally. If you goto linuxiso.org and look around, most of these can be done BT stylee in order to help the mirrors of the distros out. Undoubtadly BT is becoming one of (if not the) the main p2p systems used, and it is used for the majority of dvd-rs (well i havent found a replacement system yet).

So when you actually think about it 30% isnt all the big.
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12