Thread: Hotmail is blocking the computer

Aurora's Avatar Say CHEEEEEEEESS

Surprised/Amazed

When signing into hotmail account it blocks, sometimes strait away, sometimes after a few links.
    Deleting cookies and temporary folders is only temporary solution.
    Few times it said error about java, so I deinstalled it, but that was also only temporary.

It started on two computers (XP), but now it is happening on the third(98)…
    Did anyone have this same problem?
    Did Microsoft put something new that I have to install now?
    And please don’t tell me that Service Pack 2 is neccecary

Thanks up front

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    have you tried using a proxy?

i don't seem to have this problem in any case.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    When signing into hotmail account it blocks, sometimes strait away, sometimes after a few links.
    Deleting cookies and temporary folders is only temporary solution.
    Few times it said error about java, so I deinstalled it, but that was also only temporary.

It started on two computers (XP), but now it is happening on the third(98)…
    Did anyone have this same problem?
    Did Microsoft put something new that I have to install now?
    And please don’t tell me that Service Pack 2 is neccecary

Thanks up front
    Your question makes no sense. Are you saying you have trouble accessing Hotmail? This would have nothing to do with Service Pack 2.

That would be Javascript. Nothing to do with java. I think you may have a browser hijack/spyware problem or you did something with your browser.

Also there could be just you have a buggy connection to the internet. Does this happen with other sites?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Hotmail blocks? What does it block?

When you view an email, your browser sends a request to the Hotmail server for a page then the server makes it and sends it to you; it's then your computer that displays the page.
    If the server has a problem sending the page it usually sends an error page instead; if there's a communication error then your browser displays an error page.
    Tell us exactly what happens when you try to view an email- what the error messages say, for instance.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    You are right guys, I didn’t explain well.

I sign in into Hotmail.
    Sometimes browser blocks soon as the main hotmail page opens, sometimes later: on mail page, on compose page, on reading mail page.
    I have to do: ctrl+alt+delete, task manager, end task for hotmail, and then computer works fine again.

This happens only for hotmail, not any other site!

I have 6 computers, 3 weeks ago this started on two computers running XP professional. Last week it started on third computer, but that one runs on W98.

If I delete cookies and temporary folders in internet options, next two to 3 times hotmail works fine and then it starts blocking again.
    Few times I had java scrip error/error on page, I deleted java but that didn’t do much.

Does this sound better?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    "blocking"? You mean freezing up, crashing up. right?

Maybe you have the same browser hijack/spyware problem problem in all 6 computers. There are lots of guides here on removing this. try scanning with spybot..

Are you using ad filtering software, like ad mucher for example? If so disable it then try again?

You have 6 computers, so am guessing you have a router or some type or internet sharing device. Is it setup right? Hothail uses ssl which works on port 440 if i not mistaken.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    <removed>

damn it. wrong post.
    Last edited by Ariel_001; 12-21-2004 at 05:00 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel_001
    "blocking"? You mean freezing up, crashing up. right?

Maybe you have the same browser hijack/spyware problem problem in all 6 computers. There are lots of guides here on removing this. try scanning with spybot..

Are you using ad filtering software, like ad mucher for example? If so disable it then try again?

You have 6 computers, so am guessing you have a router or some type or internet sharing device. Is it setup right? Hothail uses ssl which works on port 440 if i not mistaken.
    Yes, freezing up!

I use Spybot-S&D (I'm cleaning on regular basis) and SpyWareBlaster. That is it.
    I presume the router is ok, because nothing changed for years.
    Post some links for guides, and maybe suggest some better spyware remover.