Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Just Gave Me Hell For K-lite

iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Why and how do you guys share so much??

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by [-Crono-]@12 April 2003 - 23:49
    Why and how do you guys share so much??
    Sorry - don't understand either part of that question. Please expand.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@11 April 2003 - 16:01
    Privacy Patch users are almost as bad as non-sharers in my book. If you are uploading from me I have every right (or should have) to see what you are sharing and get something from you. Privacy Patch or not, if I cannot list your files I will send you a PM asking you to share or show your files, if you do not I will boot you.

I understand everyone's issues with the bad guys and there unending need to stop us, however you also have to understand mine. I have a lot of rare material that is normally highly sought after by many members of this forum as well as others on the KZ network. And in order for me to try and get the files out and about the people uploading from me and filling my slots have to be sharing or I will never be able to rotate my files.

You have to understand that I cannot just continue to add hard drives, I will eventually have to unshare some files and want the people uploading from me to share them so that I may in fact delete them at some point. If I cannot list your files then I must assume that you are not sharing any and will not then share mine once you have uploaded it all, so in keeping with my overall sharing goals and objectives I must then block your IP and let someone in who I think will continue to share my files.

Hopefully you all understand this, I do not think I am being over critical here, I simply must share these files with people who will in turn share them or some of you may never have to chance to get them.

To sum it all up I do not use the privacy patch nor will I because I beleive we have every right to share and to be able to view what others are sharing.
    Couldnt have said it better.

If I cant see files, if it returns no results I assume no files are being shared at all, click goodbye and I send them a "polite (not) " message

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Well then, mush on, "Ace," and, as Comcast knocks the rest of us off, one by one, you'll find fewer and fewer people to listen to your opinion. As the old saying goes "It's easy for you to say." I have the feeling that I'm talking to a bunch of people who don't have the same ISP and who don't have - or don't want to have - any understanding of what the real problem is. Cut me off! Cut all us Comcast people off and see how many people you have left who can share. Oh, crap! I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall with an IQ of about 35.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@11 April 2003 - 16:01

To sum it all up I do not use the privacy patch nor will I because I beleive we have every right to share and to be able to view what others are sharing.
    ShareDaddy, you have a valuable resource (judging from your response in a MovieWorld thread ) and are to be congratulated for your efforts in amassing, organizing and propagating it. I agree with your sentiment regarding the right to share and view what others are sharing.

Along with all the equipment and resources that you have obviously devoted to this hobby(?) you apparently also possess the means to defend yourself against legal action by your ISP and industry forces (i.e. RIAA/MPAA, etc.)

Sadly, I do not.

Being a little fish in a very big ocean means that I must use any and all means to protect myself and one effective ( and FREE&#33 method is the privacy patch. I hated to apply it and dislike not being able to browse other Shared Folders, but I simply cannot afford to risk loss of service or worse.

How big of a paradigm shift would it be to assume that a "no results found" message indicated that the user was simply trying to protect him/herself from antigonistic spying as opposed to immediately jumping to the conclusion that they are a cul-de-sac for your valuable files?

I share what I have and I'm happy to do it. I promise that should I ever dl a file from you that I'll pass it on to whomever desires it.

I hated having to start using condoms too, but times change and risky behavior leads to greater consequences than it used to.
    Let's all hope that things get better, but until they do won't you guys reconsider and perhaps try assuming the BEST about your peers instead of the WORST?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@13 April 2003 - 01:32
    Well then, mush on, "Ace," and, as Comcast knocks the rest of us off, one by one, you'll find fewer and fewer people to listen to your opinion. As the old saying goes "It's easy for you to say." I have the feeling that I'm talking to a bunch of people who don't have the same ISP and who don't have - or don't want to have - any understanding of what the real problem is. Cut me off! Cut all us Comcast people off and see how many people you have left who can share. Oh, crap! I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall with an IQ of about 35.
    IQ has nothing to do with anything (almost)

IQ = How fast you can learn something, somone with iq od 100 could be smarter than albert einstein BUT have to work that much harder for it, person with 200 iq could be one lazy fat fuck and not do anything, and not even know simple times tables

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by Acecool@13 April 2003 - 02:17

IQ = How fast you can learn something, somone with iq od 100 could be smarter than albert einstein BUT have to work that much harder for it, person with 200 iq could be one lazy fat fuck and not do anything, and not even know simple times tables
    And this would be apropos of what?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 20:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 20:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Acecool@13 April 2003 - 02:17

And this would be apropos of what? [/b][/quote]
    apropos of &#39;sometimes shooting the fish in the barrel is still a waste of ammo&#39;

Like picking on the French?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by j2k4@13 April 2003 - 03:12

apropos of &#39;sometimes shooting the fish in the barrel is still a waste of ammo&#39;

Like picking on the French?
    Fortunately, thanks to the efforts of the NRA, ammo is DIRT cheap here in the Wild West.

( I now hate the French also...they spell funny.)

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Well obviously I wish I&#39;d never mentioned IQ. Learned more than I wanted. Suffice it to say that Clocker (and all the others of us walking a balance-beam with our ISPs) understands the problem. The rest of you don&#39;t. End of story.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast