Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone Just Gave Me Hell For K-lite

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Amen.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    When I notised that some users was supreme being all the time, that was when I tracked down K-Lite, very happy I did

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    My name in kazaa is MACH

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    My thoughts on this have developed quickly, seems simple. I am not interested in ISP's knocking on anyones door or shutting anyone down. The more here, the more available and obviously the quicker the load. Fast food and microwaves are a sign of the time and I enjoy seeing a dl at 200kb/s. Anything that puts that to risk, I want stopped, even if I cannot see your files nor you see mine. I did not like it either but it is clearly better than the alternative. I would please ask SD to offer an alternative given his strong opinons.

I started my research after I read about the verizon issue. I have also stopped using some other p2p software due to the fact that they do not support (or I do not know how) the privacy issue. I have even changed my user name to a common one.

When this first came up, it brought up all the "feelings" about "LEECHES", well they will always exist. Some that I have talked to using p2p only pop in to get a file here and there and then they go. They could be considered "LEECHES" as well, and you could give them the boot as well and rag them in a message, possibly making their experience aggrivating enough so they stop using p2p and maybe never grow into a user with an external 100g hd thats on 24/7 as many of us are. It must be clear to truly give is not to expect anything in return, though we all take from here or we would not be here.

It seems many of you are sharing large amounts and understand the importnace of contribution such as yourself, SD. It is clear from what I have read in this thread that we are now fightning amongst ourselves! It is clear I hope that the reg change does not lessen the shared files and only gives us privacy. Simply, don't let your "feelings" get in the way of COMMON SENSE.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    There are some people who should not share, and can just leach.

First, i would like to say, if you are against leaching, then you are agaist filesharing. They are the same. When whoever and whoever just set up their network, they only passed one file to the other guy. Now, just because someone leaches on kazaa, doesnt mean he will leach elsewhere, and isnt that what we are all trying to do. Spread the files.

Secondly, the reason someone can leach is if they have crappy upload bandwidth. I hate to see me sitting there with a 2mb/s line traviling under 1 kb/s!!! they are a waste of bandwidth...

Lastly, you write to profesional. Its hard to tell if you are serious or just a big loser.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Originally posted by kylman5000@13 April 2003 - 09:40
    Lastly, you write to profesional. Its hard to tell if you are serious or just a big loser.
    I agree completely with 1 (thought that was clear when I quoted "to truly give is to expect nothing in return") I agree with 2 as well (I had considered mentioning this, as I was also a 56ker at one time not having the ability to upload much, and all those "share" threats became very irritating), but is the 3rd (lastly) an attack on me of some sort.

Should I figure that this is some sort of college type initiation! I hope you don't expect to me to eat cold spaghetti with mustard while drinking beer and then see how long I can wait prior to going to the bathrOOm, so that you can analyze if I am "serious" or a "big loser". WTF if so.

Let me clear the air here, and simply add, are we not on the same side? You all need to STFU, stop ragging, we are one and it is clear who "they" are that oppose us.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY+13 April 2003 - 10:02--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 13 April 2003 - 10:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kylman5000@13 April 2003 - 09:40
    I agree completely with 1 (thought that was clear when I quoted "to truly give is to expect nothing in return") I agree with 2 as well (I had considered mentioning this, as I was also a 56ker at one time not having the ability to upload much, and all those "share" threats became very irritating), but is the 3rd (lastly) an attack on me of some sort.

Should I figure that this is some sort of college type initiation&#33; I hope you don&#39;t expect to me to eat cold spaghetti with mustard while drinking beer and then see how long I can wait prior to going to the bathrOOm, so that you can analyze if I am "serious" or a "big loser". WTF if so.

Let me clear the air here, and simply add, are we not on the same side? You all need to STFU, stop ragging, we are one and it is clear who "they" are that oppose us. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t take such comments to heart. Remember it is not considered a good thing to go to the bother of constructing sentences, in such a way that people can actually understand what you are saying.

It seems more appropriate to just type a collection of loosely associated words, in the hope that some semblance of meaning can be read into them. That unfortunately for some people seems to be an integral part of this type of forum.

Please also bear in mind that there is a very wide demographic here. A wide range of ages, nationalities, socio-economic groupings and cultures. So it&#39;s very much one man&#39;s meat another man&#39;s poison.

For me it&#39;s actually nice to be able to read something once and understand what was meant. However I am just strange that way.

Welcome and enjoy your stay. Oh and there&#39;s no cold pasta involved. Just thick skin.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    wat r u talkin bout i rite good 2 dis forum

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Thanks, I will enjoy my stay. Though I was not truly offended, I just believe in the power of vocalizing. I was just surprised at the empty criticism and enjoy calling out a challenge. Of course the better wrote the better understood. Keep in mind a few of my topics posted here started...

"I posted the following in another forum seemingly full of many retards and a few trying to guide them all. I will leave the name of the forum anonymous. Needless to say along with any other post of content it received no response. Unfortunately the posts that got responses was "anyone got Hulk or Matrix Reload" and "why do I get files I can&#39;t play" (fakes etc...). I grew very sarcastic in my posts and replies and realize I should not visit this site any longer as the only replies I got were ones offended by me, with lOOts of bad speelling and grammar."

Followed by...

"I have noticed the quality of people here seems a little more level and educated, so I was wondering what kind of response I get, anyway..."

Needless to say, I like it here.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Why don&#39;t you do all of us a great favour and login to another forum where they really understand you JmiF&#33; Click here &#33;

According to you we are all to dumb... maybe we are? But atleast we appreciate people just as they are..
    You just don&#39;t help anyone in the Klite forum&#33; I have never seen you reply 1 answer clearly&#33;
    Take your educated gibber somewhere else....

Good luck&#33;

ps

and to REALITY.., you found your match in JmiF&#33; Take him with you&#33;

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast