View Poll Results: Abortion: For Or Against

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

59 56.73%
  • Against

11 10.58%
  • For only in certain circumstances. Explain (rape, incest, save the mother, etc.)

34 32.69%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Abortion: For Or Against?

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Dark City = The Matrix
    They even used the same sets...

2. Lounge   -   #92
    Poster
    Dark City = a bit like Matrix, except that it's a million times better.

EDIT: Actually, it's Matrix that's similar to Dark City, as it was filmed later...
    Last edited by Petri; 02-04-2005 at 04:18 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #93
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petri
    Dark City = a bit like Matrix, except that it's a million times better.

EDIT: Actually, it's Matrix that's similar to Dark City, as it was filmed later...
    The only thing that was good about Dark City was the dark gritty city setting.

The movie sucked.

I would have wanted my money back if I saw it in a theater.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #94
    Poster
    Oh well, everyone's entitled to their wrong opinion...

5. Lounge   -   #95
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Petri
    As an atheist I resent that... We do have one, though.

I suspect J2's eyes were cast to New York rather than the Mound. One of the nice things about a CofS Synod is that they probably would be quite civil to an old Pagan.

Petri

If you have a population of 200,000 and a Catherdral then you live in a city. Any decision to the contrary is just perverse and indicitive perhaps of unrequited love or some other mishap on the part of the official concerned on a visit to your said city.

I am not sure if denomination is an issue - most Cathederals predate the reformation anyway.

Edit: The Mound is a place in Edinburgh where the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland meets and should not be taken to mean that J2's eyes were averted from certain anatomical characteristics - although as a gentleman I am sure he is circumspect in such matters.
    Last edited by Biggles; 02-05-2005 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Clarity - missing word "eyes" in first line
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. Lounge   -   #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I suspect J2's were cast to New York rather than the Mound. One of the nice things about a CofS Synod is that they probably would be quite civil to an old Pagan.

Petri

If you have a population of 200,000 and a Catherdral then you live in a city. Any decision to the contrary is just perverse and indicitive perhaps of unrequited love or some other mishap on the part of the official concerned on a visit to your said city.

Ok, the first paragraph is almost meaningless to me "CofS Synod"? I assume that refers to the tangles of mucus that may accompany a cough or sneeze.

But the second is more troubling. Clearly your keyboard has been posessed by the spirit of J2. Had I seen the words: "anet, nonce or vis-a-vis" I would have been convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt.
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-05-2005 at 02:51 AM.

7. Lounge   -   #97
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    You people have begun to run amok.

Deal me in.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #98
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Ok, the first paragraph is almost meaningless to me "CofS Synod"? I assume that refers to the tangles of mucus that may accompany a cough or sneeze.

But the second is more troubling. Clearly your keyboard has been posessed by the spirit of J2. Had I seen the words: "anet, nonce or vis-a-vis" I would have been convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Apologies

CofS = Church of Scotland - (not the most fundamentalist of organisations) Synod is a meeting.

I meant to include a vis-a-vis - oversight on my part.

JP

I am not even sure if the Cathederal still needs to be in use. Both Brechin and Elgin are cities but I am pretty sure both Cathederals are less than fully functional.

9. Lounge   -   #99
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm only for it if the fetus hasn't developed yet... everything is still microscopic. I'm sure there's something you can take day to day that goes in and prevents anything from proceed towards developing the fetus with today's technology. Don't let that fetus form, and you should be wiping the seamen with a tissue.
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 02-06-2005 at 02:14 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    I was in Elgin a week or so ago, city my arse.

Hey! I never said I supported the idea.
    Last edited by Biggles; 02-06-2005 at 05:44 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast