View Poll Results: Abortion: For Or Against

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

59 56.73%
  • Against

11 10.58%
  • For only in certain circumstances. Explain (rape, incest, save the mother, etc.)

34 32.69%
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion: For Or Against?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    What's your position?
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-22-2004 at 06:35 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    For.

With more funding going into teaching young people safe sex and free contraception provided to all ages. In this way the need for abortions can be lessened in the future.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Against as a rule, but am willing to accept that in some circumstances it is necessary, as outlined by BM.
    Ditto.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #4
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    I could never have one under any circumstances but I would never judge anyone else for choosing to.
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

5. Lounge   -   #5
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I voted for under certain circumstances.

I personally couldn't ever have done it, except under one of those circumstances.

As for someone else, there are just too many factors for me to say that I'm altogether for it or against it.

Some of the reasons I'm not altogether against abortion:

A baby that is not wanted but kept may not be loved and cared for as he/she should be. Not every woman would choose to give a child up for adoption just because she didn't have an abortion, but the parents may end up regretting having the baby and transferring those feelings onto him/her.

It's not my right to tell someone else what to do with their body.

Some of the reasons I'm not for abortion:

The man's rights go out the window. What if the man who fathered that child wants to keep it? So what if it's the woman who has to carry it, doesn't the father have as much right to that child, and as much right to that decision? I don't know the laws everywhere, but I do know someone who's ex girlfriend had an abortion against his wishes, and it still hurts him to this day. He has no children and would have given anything for that child. I mean a woman has the right to birth a child against a man's wishes and demand child support from him, but he can't demand that a child he wants be born so that he may care for it? Not a very fair system in my opinion.

Second, birth control is better taught and practiced before pregnancy.

The waiting list for adoption is astronomical.

Human life is precious.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I mean a woman has the right to birth a child against a man's wishes and demand child support from him, but he can't demand that a child he wants be born so that he may care for it? Not a very fair system in my opinion.
    I'm generally for abortion, but you do make an excellent point.

Though, still maybe not a reason for a ban unless special circumstances.

Maybe a right for adoption by the father should he so wish.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    I'm not gonna get to detailed into this one.

For, only under circumstances that require, otherwise against.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    I voted for under certain circumstances.

I personally couldn't ever have done it, except under one of those circumstances.

As for someone else, there are just too many factors for me to say that I'm altogether for it or against it.

Some of the reasons I'm not altogether against abortion:

A baby that is not wanted but kept may not be loved and cared for as he/she should be. Not every woman would choose to give a child up for adoption just because she didn't have an abortion, but the parents may end up regretting having the baby and transferring those feelings onto him/her.

It's not my right to tell someone else what to do with their body.

Some of the reasons I'm not for abortion:

The man's rights go out the window. What if the man who fathered that child wants to keep it? So what if it's the woman who has to carry it, doesn't the father have as much right to that child, and as much right to that decision? I don't know the laws everywhere, but I do know someone who's ex girlfriend had an abortion against his wishes, and it still hurts him to this day. He has no children and would have given anything for that child. I mean a woman has the right to birth a child against a man's wishes and demand child support from him, but he can't demand that a child he wants be born so that he may care for it? Not a very fair system in my opinion.

Second, birth control is better taught and practiced before pregnancy.

The waiting list for adoption is astronomical.

Human life is precious.
    I think the man should have absolutely no say so.

It ain't his body. Nuff said.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    The man's rights go out the window. What if the man who fathered that child wants to keep it?
    I dont think many men who are stuck in the pregnency situation would want to father children. Not a good argument. And no, human life aint precious. It has no real meaning, no real truths, no universal morals.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What happened to my reply?

yo

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast