16 32.00%
  • Superman

34 68.00%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman VS. Superman

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Thats a bad 4 to 5 hours.

Before I start looking, where is the best place to find comics in general? Also, are comics in PDF format or what?
    They can be in PDF format or in another (crb I think) which needs a small comic book reader prog to read them from.

http://www.comic-central.cc/
    Last edited by Withcheese; 12-24-2004 at 03:18 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    I saw a great thread at IMDB about Blade vrs Angel, went on for quite a few posts (maybe bigger than Bookworld).

I'd say Angelus would win but not Angel...
    There's some truth to that, but if Angel had the AI team helping then he'd probably win too

Spike probably wouldn't, years ago maybe, but not recent years

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Blades too girly to fight a vicious vampire like Angelus or Angel (he's still vicious as Angel, look how pissed off he got when fighting Skip for the second time, I think that was the angriest we ever saw him when fighting)

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    There's some truth to that, but if Angel had the AI team helping then he'd probably win too

Spike probably wouldn't, years ago maybe, but not recent years
    I seem to remember Spike in the last series pretty much pwning Angel...

5. Lounge   -   #55
    I seem to remember Spike in the last series pretty much pwning Angel...
    which was very sad, he was brought in at season 5 and pretty much took over, getting more publicity than David Boreanaz. If they would have stuck to the original lure then Angel could beat him, but not pwn him. It was very sad to see Angel get pwned and beaten to the cup season ones episode In The Dark shows Angel beating Spike when he makes his first appearance, there were also one or two scenes in Buffy (mainly in season 3's lovers walk) that showed the same, Spike was evil and even then he showed too many human weaknesses. Like not wanting to destroy the world like Angelus wanted due to his fondness of manchester united and happy meals, it's almost as if he had part of a soul from the beginning (not including the William the bloody days of course )

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    which was very sad, he was brought in at season 5 and pretty much took over, getting more publicity than David Boreanaz. If they would have stuck to the original lure then Angel could beat him, but not pwn him. It was very sad to see Angel get pwned and beaten to the cup season ones episode In The Dark shows Angel beating Spike when he makes his first appearance, there were also one or two scenes in Buffy (mainly in season 3's lovers walk) that showed the same, Spike was evil and even then he showed too many human weaknesses. Like not wanting to destroy the world like Angelus wanted due to his fondness of manchester united and happy meals, it's almost as if he had part of a soul from the beginning (not including the William the bloody days of course )
    I would say his time around Buffy made him a much stronger fighter, I mean they did fight a lot so he must have picked up a few skills. Besides, as the episode implied, he wanted it more than Angel.

I watched series 5 before any of the others (have now watched them all because I was impressed*) so I was marking out for Spike. I still think it's right that he won that fight but I think that was Spike's highlight point of the series and he didn't really do much after that.

*I watched series 1-4 back to back...twas awesome.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Maybe angel knew the cup was fake.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    I would say his time around Buffy made him a much stronger fighter, I mean they did fight a lot so he must have picked up a few skills. Besides, as the episode implied, he wanted it more than Angel.

I watched series 5 before any of the others (have now watched them all because I was impressed*) so I was marking out for Spike. I still think it's right that he won that fight but I think that was Spike's highlight point of the series and he didn't really do much after that.

*I watched series 1-4 back to back...twas awesome.
    It was a completely different show from 1 to 4, then they had season 5 only to end it with NFA which was more like a S1 or 2 ep, which is part of what made it the greatest ending ever

He did want it more than Angel and the whole sequence and a few events before hand were set up so that we'd root for him, personally I thought he could go fluck him self - he didn't put in nearly as much time as Angel did soul saving. Yeah there's the argument that there isn't enough or what is enough, but he barely suffered. It’s easy to root for him if you pick up from their abouts, but after 8 televised years and hundreds of story years we’ve seen Angel suffer and it just would not have been right in the grand scale of things if Spike was meant for the Shanshu/soul. Though it would have been a terrible ending if Angel became human or something along those lines

Spike started out as bad in S2, in fact he was the ultimate big bad with the greatest performance, but then he stumbled back drunk and it all went a bit funny there, they had to create stories for the character that didn't really fit with what we've been told ect. Half the time I just regarded him as a ratings booster

wait.....what was this thread about?

9. Lounge   -   #59
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Back in the day, my brother had a comic where batman and superman were the same person. If I remember right, Bruce wayne was first superman. Superman was totally vicious when it came to killing crooks. He would rip out their jugular with his teeth and shit. Well, he was saving louis lane from some thugs and she ended up being more scared of superman than her attackers. Bruce Wayne likes wants her so he changes and becomes Batman, but with superpowers. That's why Batman never kills anyone.

that's how I remember it anyways. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightfry
    Back in the day, my brother had a comic where batman and superman were the same person. If I remember right, Bruce wayne was first superman. Superman was totally vicious when it came to killing crooks. He would rip out their jugular with his teeth and shit. Well, he was saving louis lane from some thugs and she ended up being more scared of superman than her attackers. Bruce Wayne likes wants her so he changes and becomes Batman, but with superpowers. That's why Batman never kills anyone.

that's how I remember it anyways. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    I think I can safely say no!
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast