Thread: DC++, Is it possible to block unwanted connections?

ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Anyone using DC++ surely is annoyed at times with those dial up connections which give a download speed of <1000 bits/s or so, and which blocks the slot for other sources with a potential greater download speed.

Instead of manually removing such sources, there should be a way to automatically block these people as a source for our downloads.

Well is there any third party software or something which is able to do this?

I'm pretty sure the feature is not available in DC++ itself (or I missed it).

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    u could right klick and select close connection and then go to download queue tab , right klick on the file and remove source and then klick on users name
    Open your mind

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    I know,

even easier is just right clicking the file in the transfer window and choosing "remove user from queu".

Might be a bit of a dull topic, but it certainly would be nice if there was possible to choose how low you're willing to go regarding others upload speed.

Sort of a detect speed below a certain level equals automatic remove source from queu.

(I guess you could strive for that special hub, but that's work right there )
    Last edited by Barky; 12-23-2004 at 10:53 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    i actually do believe that there is a modded dc client that auto disconnects if dl/ul speed goes under a certain speed that u can manually configure , ill pm u if i can find its name
    Open your mind

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    LDC++ is able to disconnect unwanted connections, along with a bunch of other features like multi source downloading.

I have yet to try it out, but it all sounds great.

http://ldcpp.berlios.de/

(Be sure to get the english language pack)
    Last edited by Barky; 01-02-2005 at 09:37 PM.