Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOnitor REsolution....

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    I was curious I was messing around with my computer.. And for some reason whenI went to Properties->Settings I was able to select 1200X900 as one of the options and it worked.. But than after I restarted my computer... It went to only allowing me to select 1024X768 at the max... My Monitor supposingly has that as the max resolution.. BUt for some strange reason before I restarted i was able to set it at 1200X900 and it worked.. My monitor allowed it to.. It is a shitty Dell E551a CRT Monitor. . . . I was wonderign if anyone happened to know a way I can re-set it to have 1200X900 Resolution WITHOUT going out to buy a new larger monitor lol... THanks... And if there isn't a way to do so... Than Ig uess tehre isn't .. But there has to be sicne I did it a while ago.. But i retraced my steps and that didn't allow me to do it again...
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Isnt that a laptop resolution? I think you want 1280 x 1024, don't know of a programs though.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-23-2004 at 07:58 PM.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    MAybe YOu NEed THe RIght MOnitor DRiver?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Right click desktop>click 'properties'>click the 'settings' tab>click 'advanced'>click the 'monitor' tab>uncheck "hide modes this monitor cannot display".

then when click ok and it should give you any resolution option that your video card can support.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Sorry for making a second post but stupid forum wont let me add it to the otehr post lol.

If you accidently choose a resolution\refresh rate that the monitor doesn't support then just dont press anything and wait about 15 seconds (while staring at a black screen) then it will change back to your previous settings.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    But its just gonna chop up your wallpaper if your monitor cant adjust properly.

yo

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    Right click desktop>click 'properties'>click the 'settings' tab>click 'advanced'>click the 'monitor' tab>uncheck "hide modes this monitor cannot display".

then when click ok and it should give you any resolution option that your video card can support.

ahah thanks that helped greatly... But I was wondering what the Hertz means.. Mine is at 60Hertz... And I set my resolution at 1200X900 should I increase the Hertz to 80/100? Or leave it at 60? Since I don't really know what it means...
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator
    ahah thanks that helped greatly... But I was wondering what the Hertz means.. Mine is at 60Hertz... And I set my resolution at 1200X900 should I increase the Hertz to 80/100? Or leave it at 60? Since I don't really know what it means...
    it's the rate that your monitor refreshes.
    i doubt your monitor will support anything higher than 60hz for that resolution but you can try...if nothing comes on the screen (just blackness basically, or maybe "Sync out of range" message) then dont touch any buttons for 15seconds and it will go back to the old settings.

basically you would want to set the refresh rate higher if the screen seems flickery or you're getting a lot of headaches at the computer.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    it's the rate that your monitor refreshes.
    i doubt your monitor will support anything higher than 60hz for that resolution but you can try...if nothing comes on the screen (just blackness basically, or maybe "Sync out of range" message) then dont touch any buttons for 15seconds and it will go back to the old settings.

basically you would want to set the refresh rate higher if the screen seems flickery or you're getting a lot of headaches at the computer.

Ya, just remember to check the hide modes that this monitor can't display box .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Ya, just remember to check the hide modes that this monitor can't display box .

then he can't use that resolution he wanted to use.
    where have you been?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast