Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Thinks The Usa Should Withdraw,

Thats really what France and Russia are saying.
    They want Saddam to win this.
    Thats what he's going to believe if we withdraw.
    Imagine a future where Saddam Hussein defeated the USA and England at the same time.

How much power will the UN have over him then?

It took the US presence south of Iraq just to get him to allow inspectors in this time.

What will it take next time?

If you'll remember, he was not allowing inspectors in, until the US threatened war.

If we withdraw, he will know that the US poses no real threat.

Who wants Saddam to win?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    the US was really not prepared for this. they expected surrenders and a quick invasion in a couple weeks.
    not gonna happen. theyre havin a tough time now. and theyre losin people. they polly wanna back out. but they gotta save face. bush gives more bout his ass then his soldiers. but they are soldiers. they will win, but its gonna be bloody, and baghdad is gonna be smitherines by the time this is over. and th eUS is not prepared to clean up that mess. even with oil money.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Originally posted by lil_z@28 March 2003 - 04:37
    the US was really not prepared for this. they expected surrenders and a quick invasion in a couple weeks.
    not gonna happen. theyre havin a tough time now. and theyre losin people. they polly wanna back out. but they gotta save face. bush gives more bout his ass then his soldiers. but they are soldiers. they will win, but its gonna be bloody, and baghdad is gonna be smitherines by the time this is over. and th eUS is not prepared to clean up that mess. even with oil money.
    The prob is not that the Iraqi's are good, but the U.S. is trying to be low impact on the population of Iraq. If we were brutal it would be very short.

BTW. I think the U.S. has cleaned up far worse that this State, Sorry County.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    NO, NO, Emphatically NO! We went in there, now we have to finish what we started!
    It would be poor example, and dishonorable.
    And some of those poor people, believe it or not, don't like their dictator, and want change (wasn't for us to decide, but its too late now&#33

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    I was against this war, but it'll be impossible for the US and UK to back out now.
    The war will be bloody, especially in Bagdad. Let's hope Saddam gets a heart attack or a bomb on his head, just to make sure the war ends quick...

BTW; what allies is Bush referring to in his speech? the only countrys that are supporting the war are the USA, Spain, and the UK. What other 40 countrys is he talking about?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    jetje's Avatar former star
    there are some governements "giving political support" whatever that means. Our stupid prime minister does do that. However the majority from my country is always against this war. But we live in a democracy... we have freedom of speech...

btw the sub topic title is wrong... we all.... already lost, no one wins wars.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    You got to be kidding me!

Let Saddam win? I think he is dead or near death. Basicly a walking dead man.

Let a guy who released all of Iraq's hardened criminals out of Iraqi prison just before the war?

A guy who has an army that fires bullets into the civilian crowd?

A guy who uses human shields?

A guy who supplies his armies with all sorts of bio-chem protective equipment (and that's not to prtect them from the enemy).

A guy who has pre-stocked American, British, etc.. uniforms (what's that for?)

Sets fire to his own oil fields.

The list goes on...

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Jonne@28 March 2003 - 12:18
    BTW; what allies is Bush referring to in his speech? the only countrys that are supporting the war are the USA, Spain, and the UK. What other 40 countrys is he talking about?
    I'll come back later with an allied list for you, when I get the time.

Meanwhile, many countries want to be allies now, in hopes of cashing in on the rebuild of Iraq.

France has offered to do a major portion of rebuilding Iraq (yet the were/are totally against the war). Isn't that nice. The coalition forces sacrifice their lives, and France wants to cash in on it, after the war. Thank guys.

I hope my company wins a bid on the jobs for rebuilding some of the oil facilities. That would mean very good work and pay for me, however, I'd have to temporarily move to Iraq with all of that terrorism. A years worth of work there would buy me a house here, and then some.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Originally posted by Jonne@28 March 2003 - 06:18
    I was against this war, but it'll be impossible for the US and UK to back out now.
    The war will be bloody, especially in Bagdad. Let's hope Saddam gets a heart attack or a bomb on his head, just to make sure the war ends quick...

He's mentioned several times that support does not mean they are fighting beside us.
    Several countries support and are providing aid to this war effort.

You don't need me to tell you where our troops entered Iraq from, or who's airspace we are allow to fly through, or where we fly our wounded to.

There is also financial aid, tactical support, moral support.

Everything is appreciated.

Understand, I was against starting this war.

But arguing that point now is rather moot.

There should be no more asking if we should have started this war.
    It is begun.

The question now should be, what will be the effects of withdrawal?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Jonne's Avatar Poster
    I hope my company wins a bid on the jobs for rebuilding some of the oil facilities. That would mean very good work and pay for me, however, I'd have to temporarily move to Iraq with all of that terrorism. A years worth of work there would buy me a house here, and then some.
    you don't work for halliburton or one of it's daughters, do you? The company that is in charge for the logistics of the US army, and got the contract for putting out the oil wells two weeks ago? The Company that used to have Dick Cheney as CEO? The company that pays still Dick Cheney 1 million dollars a year?

just to proove, an article that was published on 14/03/2003 in 'De Standaard'
    Cheney's gewezen werkgever krijgt contracten in Irak

14/03/2003
    Robert Bryce en Julian Borger
    AUSTIN/WASHINGTON -- Halliburton, het Texaanse bedrijf dat van het Pentagon het contract kreeg toegewezen om mogelijke branden in Iraakse olievelden te doven, doet nog altijd jaarlijkse betalingen aan zijn vroegere chief executive, de Amerikaanse vice-president Dick Cheney. Het bedrijf dingt nu mee naar contracten voor de wederopbouw van Irak.

De betalingen, die op Cheneys inkomstenverklaring van 2001 staan, gebeurden in de vorm van ,,uitgestelde compensatie'' en beliepen tot één miljoen dollar (ongeveer evenveel euro) per jaar.

link (you need to register and pay for access, i know...)
    edit: said days instead of weeks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast