Thread: Help! How do I get rid of haxdoor-h

I have found haxdoor-h on my computer with spybot S&D. I have used "fix problems" as soon as I run spybot again, there it is. I have looked on symantec's web site and can't find anything there. Any suggestions any of you have would be appreciated.
    Thanks

It's more prudent to spend time figuring out what's right than who's right

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    try adaware
    if not that then try spysweeper

3. Lounge   -   #3
    My understanding is it is a trojan horse. I ran ad aware and it didn't even pick it up.

It's more prudent to spend time figuring out what's right than who's right

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    hmmm been having the same problem here!

what u download lately?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    search for haxdoor-h and manually delete it

6. Lounge   -   #6
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Have a look at this from housecall virus site.

Clickerty click.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    symantic has a special standalone program that removes trojans

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bujub22
    hmmm been having the same problem here!

what u download lately?

bujub, I think I fell victim to a 'helpful' friend who downloaded Administrative Assistant 2 onto my computer. At this point it is my best guess only, but from what I have been reading about this haxdoor, and the fact that it is the only thing that has been downloaded into my laptop. Have you downloaded this program lately by any chance?

enoughfakefiles: thanks........I had been to this site and ran their scan and it doesn't pick up this haxdoor-H. Neither does Ad-Aware SE. But Spy-Bot does. I found something in Google about the possibility that Spy-Bot actually misidentifies Administrative Assistant 2 as this haxdoor. So I removed the Assistant from my laptop, but Spy-Bot still picks it up. Before I removed the Assistant from my laptop, I noticed a lot of suspicious green light activity from the internet on my laptop when it should not have been there. Afterwards, I am not getting that at least.

15%: I will check with Symantec on this. The part that is bothering me the most, from what I read of this Haxdoor, it disables Norton's virus protection, and it has done that. I am able to download updates, scan my computer, etc., but am not able to enable the auto protection.

I had given up and gone to bed when Cloudseeder wrote you asking for help. If necessary, we have a friend who runs a shop and we will take my laptop to him to be assured it is removed without damage and all. Thank you all for responding, and bujub, if we find out anything, we will let you know, okay? Thanks again!