Thread: How To Rip Or Cut Movie Using Virtual Dub?

With the growing amount of movies on kazaa that are larger than the 700 mb barrier, I downloaded a program called virtual dub which is suppose to solve my problem of putting them on disk by cutting the file in half. I just cannot figure out how do do it. If you have any knowlege of this, please do not hesitate to respond, your post is greatly appreciated.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by StrongislanD@31 March 2003 - 10:29
    With the growing amount of movies on kazaa that are larger than the 700 mb barrier, I downloaded a program called virtual dub which is suppose to solve my problem of putting them on disk by cutting the file in half. I just cannot figure out how do do it. If you have any knowlege of this, please do not hesitate to respond, your post is greatly appreciated.
    I would suggest over-burning when possible using Nero or my favorite is CDRwin. Both can be found in the verifieds software section and will allow up to 740 Mb's per disc give or take. For over that size I use 90 min cdr's, bigger than that I simply use an external hard drive. Virtual dub for many is a valuable tool, I just found it to be a bit tricky, anything I have tried to split or resize has always lost Quality and or playback steadiness.

What files and sizes are you wanting to do this too?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Cut movies using Virtual Dub[/URL]Here is a guide on how to cut movies vith Virtual Dub,very good one:
    How to cut movies using Virtual Dub

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Crack man thank you for your guide i will try splitting a movie tonight. Sharedaddy the files are between 718,000kb and 850,000kbs. I cannot find any 90 min cdrs where i live but I have seen them on ebay(90min 900mb), I must say that i am hesitant to buy the ones on ebay. But if you know of any good quality 90min cdrs fill me in. Thanks

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by StrongislanD@31 March 2003 - 10:49
    Crack man thank you for your guide i will try splitting a movie tonight. Sharedaddy the files are between 718,000kb and 850,000kbs. I cannot find any 90 min cdrs where i live but I have seen them on ebay(90min 900mb), I must say that i am hesitant to buy the ones on ebay. But if you know of any good quality 90min cdrs fill me in. Thanks
    Here is a LINK to the exact supplier and discs I ordered. CDRwin is what I use to burn them without fault. Note that 90 minutes cdr's are 800 Mb's not 900 Mb's.

Paul, the forum master here has noted several times that he also has 99 minute cdr's, you may want to PM him about that.

PS- If you here from Paul, please come back and post about his also, I would be interested in the source and cost. Thanks and good luck.