Thread: Help Please

my friend has asked me to mod his xbox, but i want to soft mod it instead.

so i wanted to know if the guide posted by SingaBoiy works.
    soft modding

and if it does can you go on xbox live, with it soft modded.

Thanks alot guys
    Last edited by Syncmaster; 12-28-2004 at 09:42 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    nsane's Avatar .
    no, i don't think you can use XBL while it's soft-modded. but, i think you can backup the files that are changed and restore them when you/he want you use XBL. then when you wanna play burned games restore the modded files

3. Games   -   #3
    Ive had 2 people tell me that they can play on XBL with the softmod. Just had to boot straight to the game (start the xbox with the game in). I havent had anyone tell me they have been banned for trying that.

Ive done the softmod on more then 30 xboxs (easily). And its worked on them all. Plus atleast have the people have used that guide on theirs
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. Games   -   #4
    so all you have to do is put the game on straight away, and dont let it boot to the dash.

then you sign on with the game.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncmaster
    so all you have to do is put the game on straight away, and dont let it boot to the dash.

then you sign on with the game.
    Yea. I havent tested myself, but thats how it works. There is also a thread about getting your xbox to work with XBL down a few threads. I would try that first, just in case.
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 12-29-2004 at 02:58 AM.

6. Games   -   #6
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Be careful if you decide to upgrade your HDD though apparently thats how M$ has been banning modded xboxs'; scanning on XBL to make sure your HDD serial matches with the eeprom of your box.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by namzuf9
    Be careful if you decide to upgrade your HDD though apparently thats how M$ has been banning modded xboxs'; scanning on XBL to make sure your HDD serial matches with the eeprom of your box.
    You have to use the eeprom from the xbox when you make a new hd so the new hd will use the same eeprom. When they ban you, they're actually banning the hd you are using. So logically, using a different hd would allow you to play again.

8. Games   -   #8
    nsane's Avatar .
    i heard on neowin if you change the HDD before your first XBL logon. M$ logs that serial as your xbox's original drive and you'll never get banned...anyone tried that?