Thread: dvd to avi

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Has any1 heard of any vob extracting software that creates avi, anything other than xvid would be appreciated as I can't edit xvid with my movie software.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 12-28-2004 at 10:54 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Sorry about that I should have said can any1 reccomend 1, also a lot of them covert to xvid.
    Last edited by keyser_soze; 12-28-2004 at 11:02 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    http://www.winavi.com/

takes 20 minutes for me only takes 3 clicks literally and perfect quality, happy extracting
    Last edited by Bebi; 12-28-2004 at 11:09 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yeah thats a cool piece of software but still xvid or divx

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    yea, i was trying that software out, and it throws an error with an xvid. I was kinda disappointed. (could just be on my end tho) seems to me that program is a total POS (I noticed mis-spellings in some of the menus............I dont have much faith in a program that has mis-spellings in their menus) just my opinion tho.
    *edit* turns out I had and older version. the newer version seems to be ok.
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 12-29-2004 at 02:21 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    When you say no XviD does that include or also mean no DivX, if not use DrDivX, if so I dont know what format you looking for or perhaps get a different editing prgram...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I'm using studio 9 to edit and it does'nt like xvid or divx, I know every1's gonna say S( is crap use this and that but there is a reason why I have to use it (long story) I've used tmpgenc to convert it to mpeg2 so that it can be edited with s9 but I don't know how the results will look I'll check back later.
    TY so far for help.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thanks for every1's input, S9 can't handle vobs I tried that first but I seemed to have found the cure even though the end result is'nt upto the standard of the original by a long shot, the answer is to convert the vobs to xvid with Auto GK then encode tp full avi with windows movie maker 2 which is FREE and can handle xvid files unlike the studio 9 version I bought then studio 9 can only handle type 2 avi but mm2 creates type 1 so u then need to reencode the avi to type to using this free utility from canopus http://www.canopus.us/US/products/DV..._converter.asp Thanks for the help and sorry for boring rigid anybody who does'nt bother with making movies