Thread: vcd on dvd

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    ANyone know of a prog or way of doing that?

I mean basically make a vcd on a dvd, as in burning small files in the same small format such as mpeg etc. but obviously so it still plays in my dvd player.
    vcd's I can do, dvd'a I can do...vcd on a dvd I can't do, any help muchly thanky

Jonno

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    You could convert to mpeg 2 with tmpgenc.....I guess...then author it as a dvd

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Why would you want VCD's on a dVD anyway? Arent the point of VCD's to be able to fit a movie onto a CD-R?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    @Sara..... Thanks will look into that

@orcutt... Because I can only get 1 episode per cd or 2 per dvd, and considering there are about 130 episodes I'm trying to do it without using a shedload of discs (130 cd, 65 dvds) see my point?
    I'm kinda hoping there's some way I can get maybe 6 or 10 per dvd, as I can if I burn as data.

Jonno

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    xtlugia

Angry

all you have to do is go into mpeg and act like you're making a VCD always do NTSC DON'T DO NTSC FILM but anyways after saying you want it to be NTSC click on MPG output so they'll make it where you can edit settings go to the audio part and change it from 44100 to 48000 that so now author your suppose to be vcd as a DVD in some type of dvd authoring program also you can get 450 minutes of a dvd buy doing htis which is a lil more than 7 hours i do it all the time wit anime and its GREAT quality!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    @Sara..... Thanks will look into that

@orcutt... Because I can only get 1 episode per cd or 2 per dvd, and considering there are about 130 episodes I'm trying to do it without using a shedload of discs (130 cd, 65 dvds) see my point?
    I'm kinda hoping there's some way I can get maybe 6 or 10 per dvd, as I can if I burn as data.

Jonno
    Alright I apologise for my misunderstanding. I would suggest what Sara said then.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Retired
    why not burn the mpeg's as data on a DVD-r? most DVD players suppert this.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 01-01-2005 at 11:31 AM.