Thread: The Pianist Screener-no Audio-wtf?- Please Help

I thought i had all the codecs for watching movies-guess not- as i stated before i have ac3 xvid divx.. but this movie i just downloaded has no sound? Maybe its just a dud? If you know what codec i need or have any knowledge of this movies format- please help- by the way it has the signature of Qix next to the title-

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Use G-spot to fin dout what codec is required and then check if you've got it B)

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by StrongislanD@31 March 2003 - 11:49
    I thought i had all the codecs for watching movies-guess not- as i stated before i have ac3 xvid divx.. but this movie i just downloaded has no sound? Maybe its just a dud? If you know what codec i need or have any knowledge of this movies format- please help- by the way it has the signature of Qix next to the title-
    Install the latest K-Lite codec pack and you should never have another problem, at least for all movies currently out, as new codecs are created you may need to upgrade. That file you have is it 2 discs or 1. I have the 2 disc version and it it is brilliant.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I tried downloading the k-lite codec pack but when i try to install it says C:/winnt/sysyem32/divxec.ax error. It has errors replacing the files. Even when i skip that file another eror pops up trying to replacind another file? But the funny thing is I am positive that it is the ac3 codec i am looking for, because all of a sudden all my ac3 movies have no sound. I do not understand why this has happened, but i just got my computer back from comp usa where i had another hard drive installed, mybe this has something to do with it?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Also i have the ac3 file on my comp? along with the setup application. I tried reinstalling it and it did just that reinstall it but the movies still have no sound? weird right?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    gatty76's Avatar Member
    You may need to set the options in theb AC3 codec to your speaker setup.

I have mine setup for a full 5.1 surround system so when you first install the codec it's setup to output left and right front channels only i.e no dialog/speech channel, hence there appearing to be no sound

If you have installed the latest K-Lite codec pack you will have access to this on the start menu

START > K-LITE CODEC PACK > CONFIG > AC3

on the main tab ensure the output>speakers is set to what you have on your system
    on the mixer tab you may have to set the options : Auto matrix, and Normalize matrix
    If you do this while playing a movie you will hear the differences in real time and you will see the output levels on screen

BTW: when installing codecs its best to remove all the old codecs first using their uninstallers (maybe worth looking in add/remove programs in control panel) then doing a re-start before installing the new ones

hope this helps

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by gatty76@31 March 2003 - 13:20
    You may need to set the options in theb AC3 codec to your speaker setup.

I have mine setup for a full 5.1 surround system so when you first install the codec it's setup to output left and right front channels only i.e no dialog/speech channel, hence there appearing to be no sound

If you have installed the latest K-Lite codec pack you will have access to this on the start menu

START > K-LITE CODEC PACK > CONFIG > AC3

on the main tab ensure the output>speakers is set to what you have on your system
    on the mixer tab you may have to set the options : Auto matrix, and Normalize matrix
    If you do this while playing a movie you will hear the differences in real time and you will see the output levels on screen

BTW: when installing codecs its best to remove all the old codecs first using their uninstallers (maybe worth looking in add/remove programs in control panel) then doing a re-start before installing the new ones

hope this helps
    His BTW is what I was just about to post, then I caught that he did say this, uninstall first, restart then install. IF that does not work follow his instructions for the sound settings.