Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Man I hate school.

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

Sick

[Ranting]

I hate High School; I HATE it with a passion. I have 6 classes, not one of them will be useful once I graduate and enter the real world. I hate the fact that I have to sit there in a 50 minute classroom not learning shit. I hate the fact that the homework I've received for winter break is absolutely stupid.

Am I the only guy who thinks like this? I can learn tons of things from a 5 minute conversation with a homeless man, instead of wasting time in a classroom. Let's go over the classes I have.

1. Design Crafts - We draw stuff, the teacher is new to the school, so 40% of the class sits there and does nothing all day, and she doesn't do shit about it. Such a useless class.

2. English - Usually English class is useful, this one isn't. I'm taking American Lit., which is pure B.S. We read poems, then find the "deeper meaning" to the poem, in this case, some meaning that doesn't exist. We have to figure out what the "poet's vision is," wow that?s great. Our last poem: The Glass of Milk. Some kid has no money and is hungry, he goes into a milk bar, orders food, and doesn't pay, starts crying, the lady says its okay, she lets him leave without paying.... Wow... What?s the deeper meaning? Who cares?

3. Drama - Nice class to take if your considering acting... useless to me.

4. Economics - Oh man, this one is pure crap. The only thing I remember learning in Economics was that scarcity is a problem... or something like that.

5. History - Currently reading about: Napoleon. Kind of interesting to know, but useless in the future.

6. Chemistry - Oh man, this is by far the worst. I hate chemistry, I hate it the most. It?s like a bad nightmare, an annoying combination of math and science. The first 3 months of class, we didn't have books, man was I confused. Then we got our books, still confused. I swear I haven?t learned anything in this class, on our last test, I wrote down my name, and turned it in. I scored 0 out of 30. Its just sooo useless. I'm 30 and doing some shopping at a store....

Cashier: Sir that will be $4.99.
    Me: What? That can't be! Dalton's law of partial pressure states that the total pressure of a gas mixture equals the sum of the partial pressures that make up the mixture! Therefore it has to be $2.99!
    Cashier: Stfu dumbass its $4.99!

I hate chemistry, I hate school. Right now I'm over at USAToday.com looking for something interesting so I can do current events. Boy are current events great assignments. We take the news article, print it, and rewrite it changing the big words, there, we've accomplished something. Great. God I hate current events.

Some people might agree with me, some might disagree. Anyway, I just had to get that out of my system.

[/Ranting]
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 12-31-2004 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Typo's

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Why the hell does the apostrophe become a question mark?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    man i used to think like that, "all these subject dont count in real life"
    BUT, it realy count... take of me, i though letter writing wasnt usfull but now when i work in bank i cant write a "salary raise" request to my supervisiour
    i thought grammer was a headche now i talk like a punk with my boss
    i thought maths was a waste of a time now am sat as a cashier at bank :crying:

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Lounge   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    dude, that's ****in hilarious, and i couldn't agree more

Me: What? That can't be! Dalton's law of partial pressure states that the total pressure of a gas mixture equals the sum of the partial pressures that make up the mixture! Therefore it has to be $2.99!
    i say something similar like that all the time:

me: how the hell will knowing the difference between adverbs and nouns (for those that dont know, in canada u have to take english from kindergarten to grade 12 to even college/univ. because it's mandatory) help me in the future?....(pondering)

future:

me (walking down a street)
    bear jumps out of nowhere
    bear: quick, what's the difference between a noun and an adverb? answer me and live, don't and i eat you and your unborn children
    me: stfu n00b.
    then i get killed.....

god i hate school.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    atleast your parents didnt put you in a school for kids with learning disabilites...

got kids in my classes with their toungues permanantly hanging out of their mouth. I learn absolutely nothing, and I actually do enjoy learning. I enjoyed my old school, but this is just a joke.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    future:

me (walking down a street)
    bear jumps out of nowhere
    bear: quick, what's the difference between a noun and an adverb? answer me and live, don't and i eat you and your unborn children
    me: stfu n00b.
    then i get killed.....

Seriously, your not going to need that shit later on. Even the shitty jobs don't require much. You grow up to work at McDonalds... your boss isn't going say something like this:

"Ok, now, take 4 + 6, times 20, divided by 3, and times it by the sum of the square root of 16, then use the Pythagorean Theorem to figure out the number, and I want you to clean that number of tables."

He'll just say something like "Hey, clean those 8 tables over there."

@bawa
    English is somewhat important, shit happens. But being a cashier is easy too, the computer does all the math for you!

@mogadishu
    Wait, so your parents put you into a school with learning disabilites, even though you don't have learning disabilites?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    muchspl2
    add study hall.
    skip first day of said study hall.
    bam, instance free hour

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    [Ranting]

I hate High School; I HATE it with a passion. I have 6 classes, not one of them will be useful once I graduate and enter the real world. I hate the fact that I have to sit there in a 50 minute classroom not learning shit. I hate the fact that the homework I've received for winter break is absolutely stupid.

Am I the only guy who thinks like this? I can learn tons of things from a 5 minute conversation with a homeless man, instead of wasting time in a classroom. Let's go over the classes I have.

1. Design Crafts - We draw stuff, the teacher is new to the school, so 40% of the class sits there and does nothing all day, and she doesn't do shit about it. Such a useless class.

2. English - Usually English class is useful, this one isn't. I'm taking American Lit., which is pure B.S. We read poems, then find the "deeper meaning" to the poem, in this case, some meaning that doesn't exist. We have to figure out what the "poet's vision is," wow that?s great. Our last poem: The Glass of Milk. Some kid has no money and is hungry, he goes into a milk bar, orders food, and doesn't pay, starts crying, the lady says its okay, she lets him leave without paying.... Wow... What?s the deeper meaning? Who cares?

3. Drama - Nice class to take if your considering acting... useless to me.

4. Economics - Oh man, this one is pure crap. The only thing I remember learning in Economics was that scarcity is a problem... or something like that.

5. History - Currently reading about: Napoleon. Kind of interesting to know, but useless in the future.

6. Chemistry - Oh man, this is by far the worst. I hate chemistry, I hate it the most. It?s like a bad nightmare, an annoying combination of math and science. The first 3 months of class, we didn't have books, man was I confused. Then we got our books, still confused. I swear I haven?t learned anything in this class, on our last test, I wrote down my name, and turned it in. I scored 0 out of 30. Its just sooo useless. I'm 30 and doing some shopping at a store....

I hate chemistry, I hate school. Right now I'm over at USAToday.com looking for something interesting so I can do current events. Boy are current events great assignments. We take the news article, print it, and rewrite it changing the big words, there, we've accomplished something. Great. God I hate current events.

Some people might agree with me, some might disagree. Anyway, I just had to get that out of my system.

[/Ranting]

1. that sounds like an option class why waste time in it, make it a spare and sleep in everyday

2. need it to graduate

3. again sounds like an option change it to something useful or spare it

4. need it to graduate i think

5. need it to graduate

6. need it to graduate, daltons law? what grade are you in?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

9. Lounge   -   #9
    1. Why waste time? I had no choice, the classes fill up quickly and choices become limited, so my counselor put me in that stupid class.

2. Yeah.

3. Not required, but an easy class to pass.

4. Yeah, you need it.

5. Yeah.

6. I don't need Chemistry because I took Advanced Physical Science and passed it.

I got lucky with Advanced Physical Science, I got a stupid teacher. She would be like "Ok class, its first period, I'm really tired, lets watch a movie." Thats all we did, watch stupid educational videos. At some point her laptop got stolen and all the grades were erased, so we all got C's. Isn't school great?

I know the classes are requirements, but they're all so stupid, and teach nothing important, exept maybe English.

EDIT: To answer your question I'm in the 12th grade.
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 12-31-2004 at 09:39 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    what about math?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast