Thread: Sharing a Newsgroup Connection

Hey guys,

I have a question for you. I am currently a Powerusenet subscriber and I would like to share my 4 connections that i subscribed for with my brother. However we are under two different ip address' and whenever I try to dl something while my brother is in the process of dl'ing I cannot connect to my newsgroup. I get a "exceeded maximum number of connections per user" error when i connect.

I get this error although I set both newsleecher for 2 connections and my bros grabit for 2 connections aswell. If my math it correct it should equal to 4 connections in total.

But still we cannot download stuff at the same time, not untill one of use is finished.

If any of you pros here know a way to work around this problem please dont hesitate to reply at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for you time.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    You can not download from two different ip address' at once. You are paying for one account with four connections at once. Not two accounts with two connections each.

I am really surprized you haven't had your account disabled for sharing your service.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    movbuff
    This is because powerusenet is a reseller of giganews which does not allow multiple commections. If you want to do that get a newshosting account.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    or a usenetserver account allows this