Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 to USB adapter- do you have it?

Hi,

I have the Play.com PS2 to USB converter( it makes you able to use a PS2 controller for PC gaming), but I lost the disc with the software..

Does anyone know where I can get it, or help me out with it? I would really appreciate it..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Go to your local RadioShack, they have them there.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Or read here.

Hiya everyone, just registered here for this specific post regarding the play.com adaptor. Hopefully it will help some of you guys out with problems!

The adaptor does work fine with WinXP so long as you DO NOT install the drivers that come on the CD! The only drawback of course then is that you do not get the rumble part of the adaptor working (I am looking into a solution to this myself at the moment).

If you have one of these adaptors and have installed the drivers off the CD on WinXP then you can uninstall these drivers and go back to the 'standard' windows drivers by running the following command from the start -> Run box in your start menu:

C:WINDOWSSystem32 undll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 K:setupusbpadzz.inf

(ALL One Line!!!) Change the K: reference to point to the drive letter where you have got the driver disk in.

Still bloody annoying I aint got the rumble working though, tried loads of differnet drivers for it too now.
    link: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showt...t=91162&page=2
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-02-2005 at 09:36 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Wait, does he mean Playstation 2, or does he mean PS/2 as in PS/2 connection..as in like Peripheral port?
    Last edited by orcutt989; 01-02-2005 at 09:41 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Wait, does he mean Playstation 2, or does he mean PS/2 as in PS/2 connection..as in like Peripheral port?
    Play.com PS2 to USB converter( it makes you able to use a PS2 controller for PC gaming)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    uhm.. that doesnt really help, I lost the disk, so I don't have any driver at all...

what I need is for someone to help me out with a driver file for this..

I have the adaptrer bought and payed, why else would I need the driver? but I need help from someone who has the same adapter....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i have it, i could probably just copy the drivers off the CD and e-mail them to you, but i don't have the disc at here with me - remind me of this thread next Sunday and i'll send them to you
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Find out what company makes it and email them asking for the drivers.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    It's made by play.com, I already e-mailed them, but they wont answer!! grrr....

Darthinsinuate, That would be really nice.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast