Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: playing copied xbox games?

Poster
    hi everybody

got a chipped xbox a while back (stunning bit of kit - well happy with it) and a load of games to go with it.

now a mate of mine has got well jealous and wants to know how he can play my copied games on his normal xbox (black version - probably 2 years old - not the new crsytal ones). i know of the softmodding method and the chipped ones obviusouly - but wondered if there was a quick method for just playing a few copied games? ie like with pc games - get the game and install a crack. is this possible at all? could he copy the copied game to his hdd and install a crack or would you have to completely chip it/softmod it anyway?

also whats the best way to make copies of copied games? can it be done with nero with a dvd burner? just wondering cos a few of my mates want copies done of my collection?

cheers for any help in advance - its always apprecaited.

happy new year everybody!!
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Games   -   #2
    Nope, it has to be modded first.

To copy your games, put the game in the xbox and ftp in. Copy all the contents of the D:\. Use Qwix to create an ISO of the files you dragged over. Use Nero or DVD Decrypter to burn.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    cheers Singa

having looked through most of the topics already didnt think it wa possible but thought id check anyways. hell probs get it modded - it dont half save cash in the long run - and cheers for the copying games info - i was wondering how to do it

cheers again pal
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

4. Games   -   #4
    As the Games you have are already on Disc and already on copied media you can just use CloneXb to copy them with your PC. And as his xbox is older it would be easy-ish to chip it. I myself prefer chips to soft mod becuase i could never get the damn FTP thing working, and the chip has a swtch and a cool light Its also fun to say to all your mates you opened it up and soldered shit to it.

I have like 20 friends who have brought an xbox and want me to chip it now every time i burn my own copy of a game i have to burn about 6 other copys for friends

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    thats what i wanted to hear peezy - cheers fella! i was hoping if you had the game on dvd already (like the ones you did me) - you can copy it as easy as a dvd-r movie - will save me a lot of time rather than ftp-ing across to pc.

got the ftp working tho which is cool - just wanted a quicker way of copying games is all. like peezy - i have to do about 20 copies of all my games now!

cheers all

6. Games   -   #6
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    is it tru som xbox's dont work with data cd-r's & cd-rw's
    because i made a EvoX boot disk

wouldnt work on mine but worked on a friends
    (we both have the same chip! mine is crystal his is black)

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiber
    is it tru som xbox's dont work with data cd-r's & cd-rw's
    because i made a EvoX boot disk

wouldnt work on mine but worked on a friends
    (we both have the same chip! mine is crystal his is black)
    Yes it is true, you have a good drive, he has a shitty drive. Burn it to a dvd disc.

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    hey peezy - off topic somewhat - but ive just been playing kotor2 - and after i landed on the mining place - the nasty guy from the ship blasted my droid with something in the fuel depot and now the screen has goon black and i cant do anything?

is this sposed to happen or is the game buggered?

any help would be cool - was just getting into to it and this happens!

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    no worries peezy - its as you suggested last night on messenger - with the dvd in the drive - the game runs perfect again - cheers mate! cracking little game by the way - really good laugh....

10. Games   -   #10
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Yes it is true, you have a good drive, he has a shitty drive. Burn it to a dvd disc.
    can u please explain a bit more what crystal has better then black?
    sorry im a Xbox noob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast