Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what am i doing wrong when burning a xvid to DVD-R

Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    too bad you paid for what is free
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.ph...t=Sony+DVP-PQ1
    you could have made your unit multi region for free.

and http://www.selen.org/sonydvd.html

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    KazaaBoy's Avatar Nothing On The Moon.
    ok I am back with some results. Apparently it's what Adster said. It all comes down to DVD media and which disks are the best. The more expensive the more reliable. I bought 50 disks for £10 and they were called "BUDGET" the name matches their quality. I tried them and they just kept on skipping. I put the ones I recorded on to the side for a few days and when I tried to play them again, my DVD player said the disc was dirty. Looking at it, it was as clean as an unused one. So it all comes down to DVD media. I bought a Sony DVD-R 10 disks for £10 and they work PERFECTLY. The only problem - not relating to the disks - is I used the free software DivxToDVD by VSO-Software and it converted the movie perfectly but there was always a half a second pause on the film every second. It isn't noticeable to untrained eyes but once you pick up on it, it's very annoying and so I am back to TMPGEnc.

Oh, one more funny thing. You will like this one

I walked into the store - Dixons in London - and asked the guy some questions about my problem. Here is what I said;

Question:
    I have a problem with my DVD backed up movies. They skip and scramble even tho the disk is clean and my DVD player playes other movies fine. Someone suggested to me - Adster - to buy another type of media disks as it could be cheap media which can be unreliable. What DVD disks do you have?

Answer:
    Do you want to buy another DVD player?

My Response:
    errrrrr...... no, the movies play fine on my computer but when I back them up or convert them from Xvid to DVD-R compatible they don't play so well on my DVD player.

His response:
    Maybe the movies you download are not compatible with your DVD player!!!

I am thinking, huh?????????

no no man, I want different brand of dvd disks, what do you have.

And that's when he showed me SONY.

This guy was in his middle 20's so working at Dixons, one of the UK's biggest electronic stores, should have some common knowledge of computer related hardware or software. Sometimes I think if people are really up to date with the world they live in and the job they do. The news is not enough, you have to know how to use stuff and how it works so when you run into problems you have a resolution. I am just so lucky to a part of this forum and have help from people who can teach you everything you wanna know. I am rambling on and on but you have no idea how many disks I wasted and endless nights I had to endure to find out the problem.

To all you people who responded and helped me, thank you.

P.S
    I got some Template Monster templates, if you want PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123