Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm Buying This

Djtima's Avatar ^__^
    yeh all you AMD heads i got somthing for yah... AMD ARE CHEAP WATERY IMITATIONS OF INTEL.... SO STICK THAT UP YOUR TAIL PIPE!

seriously they are known for there generaly "slower" then Intel processors
    Last edited by Djtima; 01-05-2005 at 12:42 PM.

Tima's : [ Devart - AudioScrobbler - Xfire ]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Djtima
    yeh all you AMD heads i got somthing for yah... AMD ARE CHEAP WATERY IMITATIONS OF INTEL.... SO STICK THAT UP YOUR TAIL PIPE!

seriously they are known for there generaly "slower" then Intel processors
    "There's One Born Every Minute"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    ok your turn AMD guys... give us your side of the story? including reasons why i should get a AMD and compare it to intel..and please we are all over the age of saying "omg intel is sooo gay i dont like it cause its a fag" please....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by trajillo
    ok your turn AMD guys... give us your side of the story? including reasons why i should get a AMD and compare it to intel..and please we are all over the age of saying "omg intel is sooo gay i dont like it cause its a fag" please....
    Search.

Just cuz intel has a higher clock speed doesnt mean that its better in any way

there is more than just clock speed...n00b00b

My Blog
    I'm still here.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    n18's Avatar Death God
    We are not here to protect AMDs' side, buy whatever you want..if you post stuff here and ask if its okay, and then when they recommend AMD you ignore that...then whats the point...

as for AMD it has the fastest processors in fx 53 and 4000+ so how could they imitate Intel when they are whooping thier asses.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Look trajillo , i was like you before , i thought intel's were better and thinking of buying them than amd because of their speeds. but according to the i made, Amd athlon 64 bit 2800 & 3000+ could match up to the PERFORMANCE of of an Intel pentium 4 3.2GHZ , and guess how much they cost USD ? AMD's 3000 are about 150 USD , and intel 3.0 costs at arounf 215$ according to newegg.com . As a friend told me , think of amd athlon 64 running with fast without being tired and functioning properly and think of intel pentium 4 as running faster while being tired to do all the work. Anyways you ca go to http://forum.overclocking.com and ask them

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    the 32bit AMD processors are cheaper for the exact same performance as an Intel processor.

The newer amd processors are around teh same price as Intel's best, but the AMD ones are 64bit.

Not sure why anyone would want to go with Intel.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    ..and please we are all over the age of saying "omg intel is sooo gay i dont like it cause its a fag" please....
    Really?
    Apparently not.

Anyway, it's easy to see, based on the seven forums that I belong to, that AMD is preferred by the majority of the enthusiast market.
    My (completely unscientific) explanation for this is the price/performance ratio, where AMD handily outscores Intel.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    lynx's Avatar .
    The problem is that despite AMD telling everyone that numbers (MHz) don't matter, they then confused the issue by giving their products names like XP1700+, XP3000+ etc thus implying that numbers DO matter. Then when their clock speeds don't match the numbers it gives the uninformed a platform to say "Ooh, they aren't really as fast as they claim".

Ignore the clock speeds, the ONLY numbers which count for performance comparison are benchmarks. The AMD users here say that you get the same performance for less money, or more performance for the same money. If we are wrong you should go and buy Intel - I believe they've got a new Celeron out.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    The problem is that despite AMD telling everyone that numbers (MHz) don't matter, they then confused the issue by giving their products names like XP1700+, XP3000+ etc thus implying that numbers DO matter. Then when their clock speeds don't match the numbers it gives the uninformed a platform to say "Ooh, they aren't really as fast as they claim".
    So true.
    Intel has painted itself into a similar corner though.
    After convincing the public that the only thing that matters is clock speed, they hit a ceiling where heat became an insurmountable problem and now have to "reeducate" us about the joys of slower, dual core chips.

As Lynx pointed out, benchmarks will tell the truest tale and many folks find that the price/performance equation favors AMD...at least right now.

AMD also built a rabid fanbase by releasing a range of chips (Athlon) that, at least in the early days, were completely unlocked, so the enthusiast was able to really play with settings and tweak performance.
    When they locked the multipliers on most of the chips, AMD severely hampered this pursuit, but the perception that AMD is the "hot-rodders" CPU of choice still remains.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123