Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch me criticize Bush!

vidcc's Avatar there is no god

Actually i would have prefered if the article you pasted was done in your own words..... as it is i feel that you have just been a "tease".....( i won't use the full term promising us.

Quote Originally Posted by j2
    I am absolutely nonplussed at George Bush's continuing mispronunciation of the word NUCLEAR, and state therefore that the fact of his doing so marks him as an utter cretin with regard to a proper respect and discipline in his use of the language.
    Why do you think the term "Weapons of mass disraction ( sorry "destruction")" was invented ?
    Last edited by vidcc; 01-05-2005 at 10:53 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I would have thought my posting of Ms. Schlafly's column should have sufficed, as I'm into the "easy way out" these days....

Okay.

I am absolutely nonplussed at George Bush's continuing mispronunciation of the word NUCLEAR, and state therefore that the fact of his doing so marks him as an utter cretin with regard to a proper respect and discipline in his use of the language.

He probably says ecks-cape, too; I'd bet he's been doing it since kindergarten, and fie on his parents, also, for not beating him severely when first they noticed this annoying trait.

Hope that helps-

J2

Strangely, his brother (from the little I have seen) has much clearer diction and a less affected style. Were they brought up separately?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Strangely, his brother (from the little I have seen) has much clearer diction and a less affected style. Were they brought up separately?
    No-the difference is that Jeb was not a coke freak.

Affected style?

You must be kidding...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    No-the difference is that Jeb was not a coke freak.

Affected style?

You must be kidding...
    I was thinking of the curious blend of business school cowboy - especially when his father is, as you say over there, so old school preppy.

However, a mis-spent youth does funny things to the mind (or in George's case syntax and pronuciation)
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I was thinking of the curious blend of business school cowboy - especially when his father is, as you say over there, so old school preppy.

However, a mis-spent youth does funny things to the mind (or in George's case syntax and pronuciation)
    I know what you were thinking, my good man.

"tis good, after all this time, to see that you understand.

"Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Were they brought up separately?
    Yup.
    The Council of Four thought that by rearing the two children in different galaxies, they might be spared the blight of their genetic pool.

The outcome remains to be seen, but initial impressions are not favorable.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12