Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Please leave this here, Rat...

  1. #1
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    I am wondering what variety of opinion exists here as to what is gained, individually and collectively, by our continuing engagement in what I will call issue-speak.

    We extend ourselves rather strenuously in the name and cause of what we believe.

    Why?

    What's in it for us, or anyone else?

    Point of interest, that is all.

    I ask this thread be left here, as it would appear irrelevant in The Lounge.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Newcasil
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,076
    I see no reason to move it, so im not sure why you specifically ask me to let it stay.

    It appears to me, to be a very relavant subject for serious discussion.

    For me, i get wound up by injustice.

    Admittedly, my perception of injustice may not agree with other peoples, however if i see it.. i stand up and shout.

    Whether that is something major like Iraq or minor such as election fraud in the USA (which this time around probably would have made little difference, except Bush is the anti-christ, or as close to it as makes no difference in my opinion ) makes little difference.

    Politically, i have to admit that i sometimes play devils advocate on here, as im sure you are aware. On some issues i class myself as "left" and on some "right".. however most of these will be the "Left" in your own perception.

    More than once, my opinion has been changed by the debates in here too... or at least i have gained some understanding to beliefs that i personally have found extremely distasteful. That in itself, must make the whole business worthwhile.

    Paul

    An It Harm None, Do What You Will

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I see no reason to move it, so im not sure why you specifically ask me to let it stay.

    It appears to me, to be a very relavant subject for serious discussion.

    ...i sometimes play devils advocate...
    Ah, yes...my point.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,172
    I love to read the debates. You can see by my join date and my posts I don't post a lot.

    I have had to face the fact that my one sore point is the using of generalities. And it even irritates me more that I have a bad habit of using them myself, ... ... ... mainly when speaking (bashing) of the male gender. Sorry. Old baggage.
    Last edited by Everose; 01-04-2005 at 02:24 AM. Reason: forget the 'bad habits'.....Vid will say he has none!!!;-)

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    More than once, my opinion has been changed by the debates in here too... or at least i have gained some understanding to beliefs that i personally have found extremely distasteful. That in itself, must make the whole business worthwhile.

    Paul

    Word.

    I am not agenda bound. I like to hear from other people and their views. My best possible reaction to a thread would be: "Wow, I never thought of it that way".

    Alas, the forum has dwindled to the point where I know what each person is going to post.

    I miss the days of a wide open international forum.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    is everything.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,023
    Come here you've got my tankard!

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    yorkshire, england
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,982
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I am wondering what variety of opinion exists here as to what is gained, individually and collectively, by our continuing engagement in what I will call issue-speak.

    We extend ourselves rather strenuously in the name and cause of what we believe.

    Why?

    What's in it for us, or anyone else?

    Point of interest, that is all.

    I ask this thread be left here, as it would appear irrelevant in The Lounge.
    its fun to see you get pwn3d regularly

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    its fun to see you get pwn3d regularly
    You must be reading a different forum.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    yorkshire, england
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,982
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    You must be reading a different forum.

    maybe i dont read it.
    maybe i'm an anti-bush fanboy who hears what he wants to hear

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    yorkshire, england
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,982

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •