Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please leave this here, Rat...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I am wondering what variety of opinion exists here as to what is gained, individually and collectively, by our continuing engagement in what I will call issue-speak.

We extend ourselves rather strenuously in the name and cause of what we believe.

Why?

What's in it for us, or anyone else?

Point of interest, that is all.

I ask this thread be left here, as it would appear irrelevant in The Lounge.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I see no reason to move it, so im not sure why you specifically ask me to let it stay.

It appears to me, to be a very relavant subject for serious discussion.

For me, i get wound up by injustice.

Admittedly, my perception of injustice may not agree with other peoples, however if i see it.. i stand up and shout.

Whether that is something major like Iraq or minor such as election fraud in the USA (which this time around probably would have made little difference, except Bush is the anti-christ, or as close to it as makes no difference in my opinion ) makes little difference.

Politically, i have to admit that i sometimes play devils advocate on here, as im sure you are aware. On some issues i class myself as "left" and on some "right".. however most of these will be the "Left" in your own perception.

More than once, my opinion has been changed by the debates in here too... or at least i have gained some understanding to beliefs that i personally have found extremely distasteful. That in itself, must make the whole business worthwhile.

Paul

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I see no reason to move it, so im not sure why you specifically ask me to let it stay.

It appears to me, to be a very relavant subject for serious discussion.

...i sometimes play devils advocate...
    Ah, yes...my point.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    I love to read the debates. You can see by my join date and my posts I don't post a lot.

I have had to face the fact that my one sore point is the using of generalities. And it even irritates me more that I have a bad habit of using them myself, ... ... ... mainly when speaking (bashing) of the male gender. Sorry. Old baggage.
    Last edited by Everose; 01-04-2005 at 02:24 AM. Reason: forget the 'bad habits'.....Vid will say he has none!!!;-)

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    More than once, my opinion has been changed by the debates in here too... or at least i have gained some understanding to beliefs that i personally have found extremely distasteful. That in itself, must make the whole business worthwhile.

Paul

Word.

I am not agenda bound. I like to hear from other people and their views. My best possible reaction to a thread would be: "Wow, I never thought of it that way".

Alas, the forum has dwindled to the point where I know what each person is going to post.

I miss the days of a wide open international forum.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Come here you've got my tankard!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I am wondering what variety of opinion exists here as to what is gained, individually and collectively, by our continuing engagement in what I will call issue-speak.

We extend ourselves rather strenuously in the name and cause of what we believe.

Why?

What's in it for us, or anyone else?

Point of interest, that is all.

I ask this thread be left here, as it would appear irrelevant in The Lounge.
    its fun to see you get pwn3d regularly

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    its fun to see you get pwn3d regularly
    You must be reading a different forum.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    You must be reading a different forum.

maybe i dont read it.