Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Xi

RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Does anyone know what happened to the release of Final Fantasy XI? I know I once saw a realease date for about this time of year in a Playstation 2 magazine. Now several searches have come up empty. Is it not going to be released on Playstation 2 now?

2. Games   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2002/022802b.html

Reproduced below:

Some of the release information for Square's upcoming RPG, Final Fantasy XI, has changed from the information previously reported. The game is now slated for a May 16th release, rather than the April 27th release quoted previously. It will be available for 7800 yen (about $59).

The monthly fee will see a small increase as well, from 500 yen a month to 1280 yen (about $9.60) a month. Online service will start on the release date, and, of course, the disc will be required to play online. No news on a North American release date has been announced, but RPGamer will report changes when they become known.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Games   -   #3
    Thanks for the reply MagicNakor, but I'm still trying to figure out if it will be availablefor Playstaion2, or just PC?

4. Games   -   #4
    It's coming out for both, from what I've read. PC and PS2 in both the US and Japan. PS2 for Europe, I think, they were going to see how well it sold before porting it there.

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Games   -   #5
    I could of swore i read somewhere that it would never come out for the ps2 in the US and possably only on the PC

6. Games   -   #6
    See, thats why I started this thread in the first place, hoping someone would know for sure, guess I'm right back where I started, hoping it comes out on PS2, or I'll have to invest in a new motherboard to install my graphics card

7. Games   -   #7
    Admittedly, I'm not following it very closely. I don't want to play a FF clone of Evercrack. They should get back to doing what they do best...

so, he does
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Games   -   #8
    I too want FF11 i think it would kick ass!!! I was disapointed when i heard it probably won't come to ps2 but if it comes only out on PC i'll be forced to buy it not much into computer games but if i have to i will cause i want to play this game.... I DON'T THINK IT LOOKS LIKE A CLONE OF EVERCRACK

9. Games   -   #9
    Heres a few sites i found but i got tired of looking there doesnt seem to be much info on it anymore!!!

U can preorder the game here?!?!
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/prod...I49g%2A4EM0qQUg

This site has the release date for mid 2003
    http://ffalpha.com/

This site has the release date of Q2 2003
    http://www.gamers.com/game/207470

But anyways no one really knows right now im still hopeing but i wouldnt hold your breath i might even buy the jap ver if they don't release it just to add it too my collection

10. Games   -   #10
    Square's second PlayStation 2 Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy XI, will further expand on the online additions that the Final Fantasy universe will be given with the tenth title. This time, Square is learning from the smash successes of massively multiplayer online role-playing games like Everquest, Asheron's Call, and Ultima Online -- and is releasing Final Fantasy XI as an online-only RPG experience.
    Square's proprietary online service, PlayOnline, will house the game servers and permit thousands of simultaneous users to play the game, chat in real-time, shop, and even read manga. PlayOnline will also be a worldwide service, offering players from Asia, Europe, North America, and South America to play together via any broadband connection and a PlayStation 2.

I copied and pasted this from one of the links you provided above, and if this means what I think it does, I'm going to be totally screwed, because I don't have broadband available either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast