Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: conspiracy? is your internet slow?

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    a lot of people's internet has been going haywire lately. i know forum member's connections are messing up and i've seen quite a few people kicked from online games for packet loss (not ping).

i was thinking the copied version of windows i have (on the internet pc) may have been engineered to have an undetectable worm, that may be why it came bundled with anti-spyware (spybot SnD) and anti-virus software (kaspersky)

anyone else got this version of windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Support Information
    SnipeR's R-demption Network Presents :
    Custom R---strak XP Professional Unattended (US Version)
    Service Pack 2 Integrated
    DVD Version Also Auto Installs A Big List Of Software !
    Office 2003, Nero, Winamp, Photoshop CS And Many Others
    Visit Our Website For More Info : http://www.r---strak.nl
    note the .nl - i presume it means netherlands

when i checked mine and another person who complained about slow internet's IP they both begin with 213.40.xx.xx which is apparently in (drumroll) amsterdam, the netherlands.

i think i've been lucky enough to avoid using personal details on this pc but i may have to change all my passwords

p.s i blanked r---strak in case theres a word filter and they want to silence me

p.p.s i never trusted spyware SnD

p.p.p.s i used http://ip.discoveryvip.com/ to check my ip, check yours too

p.p.p.p.s clear your caches and stuff to be safe and dont use credit cards

p.p.p.p.p.s even if you dont have the r---strak windows, reply so we can get to the bottom of this

p.p.p.p.p.p.s i'm DLing and ULing full speed but only have this open and its not loading

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster
    strangly enough the ip check on the page u mentioned told me my ip is located in the neatherlands , i then checked my ip using this page : http://www.whois.sc and it gave me the right location so im thinking that page u mentioned might actually be wrong as i really dont live in holland
    Open your mind

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    is your net slow? i dont think its 100% bogus. i think its some kind of proxy that monitors what your doing and lets them use your open ports without challenge

update: i put the modem on my other pc and its going over 100kbps :fingers crossed:

edit: i'm back in england too
    Last edited by TheDave; 01-08-2005 at 09:15 AM.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    muchspl2
    its that pesky EOBTCAK error, I see it all the time.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    its that pesky EOBTCAK error, I see it all the time.
    whats that?

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    muchspl2

Error Occurred Between the Chair and Keyboard
    Last edited by muchspl2; 01-08-2005 at 09:26 AM.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    You at (62.252.0.9) are located in Amsterdam, North Holland (province), Netherlands. (52.35, 4.90)
    Thats not my ip, and im not using a proxy and other sites place me in the UK. Im using a standard copied version of WinXp Pro loaded with SP2 and the latest updates after a brand new format only a day ago. Also no spyware/anti virii programs installed.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    meh, so the sites broken. it only says amstredam when my nets slow for me, otherwise it says lancashire. is your internet going slow anyway?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    a lot of people's internet has been going haywire lately. i know forum member's connections are messing up and i've seen quite a few people kicked from online games for packet loss (not ping).

i was thinking the copied version of windows i have (on the internet pc) may have been engineered to have an undetectable worm, that may be why it came bundled with anti-spyware (spybot SnD) and anti-virus software (kaspersky)
    Why suspect anything amiss with these programs when they are both respected (very highly in the case or Kaspersky) and the first online update should eliminate any possible 're-coding' of detection rules?
    anyone else got this version of windows?

note the .nl - i presume it means netherlands
    Yep, nl=Holland, why note it?

when i checked mine and another person who complained about slow internet's IP they both begin with 213.40.xx.xx which is apparently in (drumroll) amsterdam, the netherlands.
    When you checked your what?
    p.p.s i never trusted spyware SnD
    Why?
    p.p.p.s i used http://ip.discoveryvip.com/ to check my ip, check yours too
    Well that page got my IP right but I'm certainly not located in Marina Del Rey, California.
    p.p.p.p.p.p.s i'm DLing and ULing full speed but only have this open and its not loading
    What is not loading?

Since you have an 'unattended install' disc, have you checked for anonymity software?
    Have you checked your proxy settings?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    how are people picking at my theory when they dont have the problem?

i dont think it would be that hard for someone who knows what they're doing to reverse engineer a virus program not to check itself or certain system files.

note it cos its where several people's ip addresses apparently were

ip obviously

odd things like where does it come from, why does it tell you not to listen to ad-aware saying it's spyware

meh

no, its a crap pc, only running one IE window, no msn, no auto-updates and everything else on the network was switched off. i think it was when i saved the picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast