Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need for speed wont install :(

Formula1's Avatar Poster
    no its not...

2. Games   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    I ripped the file from the cd to an image (midf) , But i got the very same error at the exact same time during the installation . Do you know of a program i could use , that could possible fix a corrupted sector of the image ?
    CDMage - Has repaired every fucked cd of mine.

3. Games   -   #13
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Yeah but can you please tell me how to use it plese , i tired opening the .mdf file with it , and cdmage says it can't open it

4. Games   -   #14
    Use WinISO or A120% to convert mdf to iso.

5. Games   -   #15
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    can isobuster do the same ? just wondering.

edit: i'm a little bit confused about how to use A120% to convert the mdf file to a bin
    Last edited by Formula1; 01-09-2005 at 05:04 PM.

6. Games   -   #16
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    alright i was able to convert the mdf file to a bin/cue using iso buster. I was able to open cue/bin file , my main question now is how do i use this program to fix the corruptions , please ?

Edit: I just scanned it with cdmage and cdmage told me i had 410 errors on the image file and cdmage says it was able to fix 0 to 1 sectors. I tried installing the game and i got the exact same error at 38% during installation
    Last edited by Formula1; 01-09-2005 at 05:27 PM.

7. Games   -   #17
    spelunker121's Avatar Flailing about!
    I had the same prob with the first torrent file I DL'd from Suprnova......It kept getting an error trying to load a certain "car"file.....I got another copy(different torrent) and it worked fine!
    Protect me from what I want!

8. Games   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    alright i was able to convert the mdf file to a bin/cue using iso buster. I was able to open cue/bin file , my main question now is how do i use this program to fix the corruptions , please ?

Edit: I just scanned it with cdmage and cdmage told me i had 410 errors on the image file and cdmage says it was able to fix 0 to 1 sectors. I tried installing the game and i got the exact same error at 38% during installation

Click to 'rebuilt sectors' isted of repair sectors.

@spelunker121 - No one your dl was fucked, you got it from Suprnova

9. Games   -   #19
    spelunker121's Avatar Flailing about!
    @spelunker121 - No one your dl was fucked, you got it from Suprnova [/QUOTE]

Well, after using Kazaa for some time before I adopted BT as my fav P2P client. I used to get about 75% of the files from Kazaa corrupted or some shit.

So, getting a bunk file "once in a while" from Suprnova was tolerable.
    ( most everthing was a good file from there)
    Protect me from what I want!

10. Games   -   #20
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I think he got a bad download. When you make the Image files you have to tell Alcohol the protection settings so it can bypass them. Already having bad image files and telling alcohol that they have a protection will not do anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12