Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do U copy rented DVDs?

I honestly can't tell the difference between a good xvid dvd rip on a decent TV with a decent DVD player and the original DVD. The huge difference in bitrate is irrelevant really, it's how the video looks that matters.
    Last edited by Tifosi; 01-11-2005 at 11:59 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yeah I think I copy rented DVD i'm not sure

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifosi
    I honestly can't tell the difference between a good xvid dvd rip on a decent TV with a decent DVD player and the original DVD. The huge difference in bitrate is irrelevant really, it's how the video looks that matters.

Zoom in ever so slightly or stand near the tv, ARHHHHHHHHHHH pixal hell

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    nsane's Avatar .
    i copy movies from blockbuster

i actually have friends that work there so i get all the movies that aren't out yet. like i just copied catwoman, the forgotten, fiday night lights, and a few others

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Hollywood Video $10 a month
    Netflix $18 a month

As soon as I get a movie, I rip it and drop it back in the mail (Netflix) and take it back to the store the next day (Hollywood), sometimes the same day.

Blockbuster is too expensive in comparison.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-11-2005 at 04:42 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    nsane's Avatar .
    the blockbuster online pass is $14 a month (cheaper than netflix)

and unlike hollywood, there pass doesn't have late fees and you can use it on new releases

i get em for free, so i could care less

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by nsane
    the blockbuster online pass is $14 a month (cheaper than netflix)

and unlike hollywood, there pass doesn't have late fees and you can use it on new releases

i get em for free, so i could care less
    I thought you were referring to the B&M store.

Also Blockbuster Online dropped there price rather recently in response to Netflix.

BlockBuster Online has a shit collection in comparison.

As far as new releases, those are too easy to come by. I want to get the older obscure movies which BB Online falters.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    nsane's Avatar .
    that's because netflix dropped their price in response to BB's online pass. it's just a big loop, one goes lower than the other, then the other does the same

have you actually tried their online pass? cause i know for a fact (being an ex-employee and all) that their inventory is ALOT bigger than netflix

plus, they're about to merge the Movie Pass & the Online Pass into 1 program. which means netflix is fuhcked with no physical stores

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by nsane
    that's because netflix dropped their price in response to BB's online pass. it's just a big loop, one goes lower than the other, then the other does the same

have you actually tried their online pass? cause i know for a fact (being an ex-employee and all) that their inventory is ALOT bigger than netflix

plus, they're about to merge the Movie Pass & the Online Pass into 1 program. which means netflix is fuhcked with no physical stores
    Yes I have tried it but......if they merge the two then I'm switchin'.

Netflix has the biggest online library period. I have looked for the obscure many a time to only find it on Netflix. BB has been playing online catch-up.

I don't have to be an ex-employee. I know first-hand from browsing and read video store trade journals.

Nevertheless, all that aside, if BB merges the two, they will crush Netflix.

The only thing Netflix could do is lower the price more.

edit: Damn man, I do remember reading about the merging but hell, that was about 2 months ago. I read it in Video Store magazine.

When are they actually gonna do it?
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-11-2005 at 06:37 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Netflix has the biggest online library period. I have looked for the obscure many a time to only find it on Netflix. BB has been playing online catch-up.
    netflix has it all. well maybe not all. but most of it.

busy, you say you have the hollywood mvp rental plan and they let you get a different movie every day? i looked at the brochure a while ago and it only said there's a 7-day limit per rental or sumfin like that, so i was kinda confused about how often you could rent on that plan. i might wanna cancel my hollywood game rental plan and start the mvp one... i ran out of games i wanna try at my local h-wood.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast