Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Quote Originally Posted by worldpease
    Well, Im just curius about how many people still use that method
    Is there a better method?
    Proud member of MDS

2. Movies & TV   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    That's weird.

I can rip DVD's with DVDShrink or One-Click and can play them on a PS2.

Bad media.

@UltimatePoser - Its true rental copies do come with added protection over store brought ones as rentals are usually avaiable before the retial store date. Its possible your dvd burner not having a feature.

3. Movies & TV   -   #53
    Poster
    Yes. I've done it a few times..

4. Movies & TV   -   #54
    Poster
    I just got Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 from Blockbuster (UK). I am on the 1 month free trial and have copied every disc so far with no problem.

These 2 discs;

Vol 1- Cracked so I will send back
    Vol 2- Plays fine on my DVD player but when I play it on my PC the audio is filled with other crackling noise the whole time. (It's not my speakers..i checked with other video files.)

Could it be that the rental copy does this or is it some other problem?

5. Movies & TV   -   #55
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Quote Originally Posted by browser
    I just got Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 from Blockbuster (UK). I am on the 1 month free trial and have copied every disc so far with no problem.

These 2 discs;

Vol 1- Cracked so I will send back
    Vol 2- Plays fine on my DVD player but when I play it on my PC the audio is filled with other crackling noise the whole time. (It's not my speakers..i checked with other video files.)

Could it be that the rental copy does this or is it some other problem?
    Sounds like copy protection to me.
    Proud member of MDS

6. Movies & TV   -   #56
    Wizards_Bitch

Cool

DVD Shrink alone isnt really that great at combatting Decryption. Try DVD Decryptor then DVD Shrink. I have been with Blockbuster online for a while now but sick of waiting for favourite releases and end up calling at local Video shop so yeah I copy them!
    Last edited by Wizards_Bitch; 01-29-2005 at 11:28 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Bad media.

@UltimatePoser - Its true rental copies do come with added protection over store brought ones as rentals are usually avaiable before the retial store date. Its possible your dvd burner not having a feature.

Hi everyone, yep Peerzy you were right FOR EVERYONE OUT THERE LOOKING TO BURN RENTAL DVDS for god sake if you know whats good for you stay away from EMPREX dvd r/w drives that was the problem all along even after flashing the firmware and trying every different dvd decoder/software outhere..............its fine for burning the movies though........ its just the ripping that the poor pathetic dvd rom part of it cant cope with, theres someting thats on a rental dvd that it just didnt like.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to listen to my plight but its now over, i'm ripping disk after disk now with dvd x copy platinum works fine and along with a pioneer dvd rom drive that i bought for £4 from PCWORLD (£4!! i hear you say) yep i work for em and i rip them off too

Laters

8. Movies & TV   -   #58
    Funny my drive is an Emprex as well. It refused to burn dvd discs when i first got it but after a firmware update it rips and burns perfect.

Mine is an 8X Single Layer DVD-/+rw drive, dunno the model number though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456