Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Superkilla Spamming The Board

Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF@1 April 2003 - 22:39
    Let me get this right. The joke was that they created a false identity, then went around the forum abusing everyone and making a nuisance of themselves. They particularly had a go at Bender, who had to spend a lot of time clearing up the mess they had made.

Sorry what was the funny part about that. Perhaps I´m just not understanding. Maybe we just have a different sense of humour where I come from. I generally think of jokes as being funny to everyone concerned and not just the "jokers". For preference a bit of thought and inventiveness is nice, though not essential. Or perhaps I have just missed the point. I do quite often, though I think that is to do with my age and the cultural differences.
    JmiF, I agree with you on this one, if a joke is only for the jokers then it becomes selfish.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Originally posted by JmiF@1 April 2003 - 22:39
    Sorry what was the funny part about that. Perhaps I´m just not understanding. Maybe we just have a different sense of humour where I come from. I generally think of jokes as being funny to everyone concerned and not just the "jokers". For preference a bit of thought and inventiveness is nice, though not essential. Or perhaps I have just missed the point. I do quite often, though I think that is to do with my age and the cultural differences.
    Well I sat and watched a few hours of it all going on and on an ON.
    It was funny maybe to start with and then... hmmm all got a tad nasty.
    You didnt miss the point at all.

My sense of humour and comments are maybe not everyones cup of tea
    but I try to get on with everyone.

Its nice to see its all cleaned up now and my scroll button can have a rest.

Lets hope thats the end of it and we can have some FUN.

Thanks to the mods who spent hours deleting..That was some task.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Hey mods, shouldn't their be a rule/law or at least something to punish them for their acts? Just a thought, since you did pm them and nicly asked them but they simply wouldn't stop or won't, why not simply find a way to punish them or maybe, block them from some parts of the forum, so they wouldn't be able to post their? just a thought, but i do believe spamming has to stop when a mod pm's you and asks you nicly and explains himself/herself.

cheers

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Poster
    Originally posted by lunatacs@1 April 2003 - 22:55
    Hey mods, shouldn't their be a rule/law or at least something to punish them for their acts? Just a thought, since you did pm them and nicly asked them but they simply wouldn't stop or won't, why not simply find a way to punish them or maybe, block them from some parts of the forum, so they wouldn't be able to post their? just a thought, but i do believe spamming has to stop when a mod pm's you and asks you nicly and explains himself/herself.

cheers
    That's a bit H4r5h

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Originally posted by mrcall1969@1 April 2003 - 22:47
    JmiF, I agree with you on this one, if a joke is only for the jokers then it becomes selfish.
    Not to say cruel.

What do you mean on this one. I thought we always agreed.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    That's a bit H4r5h

harsh? not really, think about it. A mod took the time to pm a person and tell them, and explain how they were spamming; also nicly asked them to stop. I believe what i said isn't harsh, but only a way to teach people to listen to our mods who try their best to be fair as they could. Lets not push their buttons, they trying to keep this forum clean.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Gosh my joke was so much nicer...

YEAH!

8. Lounge   -   #48
    I knew it was Killa posting, but didn't expect SuperJude. That seems to lower their reputation. It would have been funny if they didn't spam so much, imagine all the clean up work for the mods.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Poster
    Originally posted by lunatacs@1 April 2003 - 23:13
    That's a bit H4r5h

harsh? not really, think about it. A mod took the time to pm a person and tell them, and explain how they were spamming; also nicly asked them to stop. I believe what i said isn't harsh, but only a way to teach people to listen to our mods who try their best to be fair as they could. Lets not push their buttons, they trying to keep this forum clean.
    Ever done a stupid thing, or gone too far. Ever been with a mate who maybe had a wee hair too much to drink and made a bit of an arse of it. Well I have been the person doing it and I have been the mate.

You can't take these things in isolation. SuperJ is normally a good egg. We don't always see eye to eye but hey he's normally a calming influence. You can't start banning people for a genuine joke which went a bit too far. Some people come here genuinely to offend, it sounds to me that this was just an error in judgement.

I've said it elsewhere, mates don't ban mates. They say hoi arse stop being a dick and get on with it. Let's just let it lie and get back to normal.

Hoi SuperJ stop being a dick.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    JmiF not being critical here but if that was a complete "nobody" doing
    that I feel that it would be a different issue.
    I dont feel a ban is in order for making a spam day lol..He said his peace so its best for all to drop it and move on like you said.
    Lifes way to short

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast