Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Prince Harry

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa
    It was the people in the uniforms that committed the atrocities, not the uniforms themselves.

A fancy dress party, by definition, is a party where you go dressed up in a costume, a costume presumably that your peers wouldn't normally see you in. Presumably, no-one here is trying to say that Harry is a Nazi..? (Except for the Sun... )

The public outcry on display here again is disproportionate, and is fueled by the tabloids trying to sell papers, and is being hijacked by people who like any excuse for a bit of "Royal-bashing"..

On the flip side, symbols can be quite powerful and evocative, I'm sure with the reaction of the past day, he wishes he'd gone as a Viking instead..

Oh wait no, rape and pillage and all that, perhaps a Roman Centurion instead...

Oh wait no....
    I don't care about the public outcry, I haven't bashed the royals, I've not made any money.

I empathise with the people that Harry disrespected by wearing the symbol. It is entirely inappropriate for anyone, let alone someone perpetually in the public eye, to wear such garb.

Are you saying it's fine.
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:56 AM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #112
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I won't deny I dislike the notion of royalty, and that it's not just him I'm against here.

But when it comes to this particular action, I still think he's a moron. He IS a public figure and he does have a responsibility to the people that provides for him, if he wants himself and his family to retain the station they have. So him wearing this symbol which is abhorred by many of those he expects to pay for his upkeep, no matter if his motive was just to party and he didn't have an deeper purpose to it, was still wrong, and monumentally so.

3. Lounge   -   #113
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    I started this thread when I heard about Harrys actions which I found to be unbelievably stupid. I knew that he had a reputation for getting into mischief but I could understand all of his actions and misdemeanours up to this point but I just felt this was way worse than anything that had gone before. The arguement that it was a private party holds nothing for me, just because someone does something bad behind closed doors does not mean that they are a good person. A little extreme comparision but if someone commits a crime but they are never caught does that make them innocent?

The funny thing is that I am no longer sure what annoys me more, his actions or the fact that some people find it ok.

4. Lounge   -   #114
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    The funny thing is that I am no longer sure what annoys me more, his actions or the fact that some people find it ok.
    I certainly understand what you're saying there.

For me both annoy equally. Going off topic a bit but if you're with a group of friends and one of them makes a racist comment and you say nothing, then you're an arsehole too. It's that simple for me.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #115
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I certainly understand what you're saying there.

For me both annoy equally. Going off topic a bit but if you're with a group of friends and one of them makes a racist comment and you say nothing, then you're an arsehole too. It's that simple for me.
    I agree with that to a certain extent, however some may find that although they strongly disagree they are not confident enough to say anything...and it would be unfair to tar them with the same brush applied to whomever made the comment or suchlike.

6. Lounge   -   #116
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by (>Zero Cool<)
    I agree with that to a certain extent, however some may find that although they strongly disagree they are not confident enough to say anything...and it would be unfair to tar them with the same brush applied to whomever made the comment or suchlike.
    I have to agree with that - maybe I used a bit too much rhetoric there

Still, I would like it if everyone thought like that.

7. Lounge   -   #117
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I have to agree with that - maybe I used a bit too much rhetoric there

Still, I would like it if everyone thought like that.
    indeed

8. Lounge   -   #118
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Shut it, Nazi.
    I think that this post is despicable. IMO an apology to Jonno would not be out of place. I have just noticed it. Why other members have not made an appropriate comment, I cannot understand.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #119
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    I think that this post is despicable. IMO an apology to Jonno would not be out of place. I have just noticed it. Why other members have not made an appropriate comment, I cannot understand.
    Cos we all took it as the joke it was

10. Lounge   -   #120
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It was plainly a joke.

Jonno made about 67 posts saying that he did not agree with the nazi ideal - anyone in their right mind can see that Jonno isn't a nazi - so Cheese made an ironic post.

It actually made me laugh out loud