Thread: Help Me Share Files

Can somebody help me share files.

I have close to 3000 files I want to share, but I am ona LAN and connect through another computer (proxy). Everytime I connect, I am able to share. but when I connect through the proxy, it is clear users can't download off me.

What can I do? Please help. Sharing is an essential part of the P2P set up.

Thanx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Everybody appreciates it that you want to share, but you dont need to post the same topic in 5 different categories.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Sorry. That was my first post and I was not sure which catergory to put it under.

Can anybody out there find a way.

Greatly appreciated, promise will never do that again.

(If you note: My first post was as a guest, I was in the middle of signing up)

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Welcome on the Board. Just look in which section your post fits the best.

I dont have a proxy server but probably you need to allow the ports used from kazaa to connect.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Benno@2 April 2003 - 13:41
    Welcome on the Board. Just look in which section your post fits the best.

I dont have a proxy server but probably you need to allow the ports used from kazaa to connect.
    I have the default port (1214) and also use port 80 as an alternative. It says in the help system that some files when you search are marked with a red cross that mean the user is behind a firewall or proxy and you "may not" be able to access them.

The "may not" part gives me hope, as it tells me there is a way to share files. I know I am not sharing at the moment because when i connect directly (once in a blue moon when my housemate is away) I get stacks of uploads.

I really appreciate you help though

If anybody knows how to be sure users can access and upload files from you, and whether or not this can be done behind a proxy on a LAN, please let me know