Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PS2 and Burned DVDs

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Alright so I was at my friend's house last night, and noticed he had a few burned DVD-R movies in his collection. And the only DVD player he owns is a PS2. Immediately I asked him "Do you have a modchip? How are you able to play those?" And he said no, and I remembered when he got it, hell I bought mine a month after he did. He didnt have a modchip, he didnt softmod the PS2, he probaly doesnt even know what any of that means. And I am sure he didnt have anyone steal it and MOD it for him. He bought it brand new from a Walmart or Kmart or something. I didnt believe him, so I forced him to play a burned DVD-R move, and IT WORKED. This made absolutely no sense to me. He has a Network Adapter on the PS2, but that came with it, and I am sure that has nothing to do with it. I just am trying to understand this, so then maybe I can copy movies and play them on mine! Maybe even games! All without at modchip! Can someone please comment or help to explain this? Thank you everyone.

2. Games   -   #2
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Alright so I was at my friend's house last night, and noticed he had a few burned DVD-R movies in his collection. And the only DVD player he owns is a PS2. Immediately I asked him "Do you have a modchip? How are you able to play those?" And he said no, and I remembered when he got it, hell I bought mine a month after he did. He didnt have a modchip, he didnt softmod the PS2, he probaly doesnt even know what any of that means. And I am sure he didnt have anyone steal it and MOD it for him. He bought it brand new from a Walmart or Kmart or something. I didnt believe him, so I forced him to play a burned DVD-R move, and IT WORKED. This made absolutely no sense to me. He has a Network Adapter on the PS2, but that came with it, and I am sure that has nothing to do with it. I just am trying to understand this, so then maybe I can copy movies and play them on mine! Maybe even games! All without at modchip! Can someone please comment or help to explain this? Thank you everyone.
    dvd's arent burnt the same way as ps2 games
    they dont contain bad sectors which u cant burn so therefor u can make a direct copy that will work

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblec
    dvd's arent burnt the same way as ps2 games
    they dont contain bad sectors which u cant burn so therefor u can make a direct copy that will work
    Alright so games wouldnt work? Just movies? Looks like I am going to the library to get some DVDs. I have NERO, how would I copy these disks so they work on my PS2?

4. Games   -   #4
    Alright so games wouldnt work? Just movies? Looks like I am going to the library to get some DVDs. I have NERO, how would I copy these disks so they work on my PS2?

Use DVD Shrink to rip and copy them and Nero to burn them.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Use DVD Shrink to rip and copy them and Nero to burn them.
    I cant just use Nero to Copy the DVD?

6. Games   -   #6
    I cant just use Nero to Copy the DVD?

No, DVD's contain copy protection. DVD's are also 9gb and you can only buy 4.7gb discs, well you can get 9gb discs but they cost loads and you need a special burner. Use DVD Shrink to copy and shrink them to fit onto a 4.7gb disc and use nero to burn them.

7. Games   -   #7
    orcutt were they dvd games?

or dvd movies?

because, dvd copied movies play just fine on ps2. just like how they play fine on dvd players...because ps2 is also a dvd player...so it can play dvd copied movies fine...

but its impossible to buy a ps2 that can play burned games.

and if you want to copy movies..just use dvd copy xpress....

and if the movie is already 4.7 gigs or smaller, then just directly copy it.
    Last edited by colt45joe; 01-15-2005 at 09:30 PM.

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    No, DVD's contain copy protection. DVD's are also 9gb and you can only buy 4.7gb discs, well you can get 9gb discs but they cost loads and you need a special burner. Use DVD Shrink to copy and shrink them to fit onto a 4.7gb disc and use nero to burn them.
    Okay thanks. Sorry it was just hard for me to understand that it could play burned DVD movies and not games. Thanks everyone. So can I use DVD Shrink, and then use Nero to burn? How do I burn the DVD movies after they are able to fit on a 4.7gb disc?

9. Games   -   #9
    muchspl2
    how about you dl dvdshrink and use it, it does everything for you, even burn if you already have nero installed.
    just do it

10. Games   -   #10
    Okay thanks. Sorry it was just hard for me to understand that it could play burned DVD movies and not games. Thanks everyone. So can I use DVD Shrink, and then use Nero to burn? How do I burn the DVD movies after they are able to fit on a 4.7gb disc?
    DVD Shrink will compress and burn (using Nero) all for you. You just insert dvd and click backup. Takes like 15mins to shrink and 20mins to burn on my pc
    Last edited by Peerzy; 01-16-2005 at 12:00 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast