Thread: What are those little 32k files?

Surprised/Amazed

Lately my searches on Kazaa Lite have been returning a lot of results with a file size of 32k. I read the file description and, many times, it's exactly what I'm looking for. But, I cannot download the file.

Does anybody know anything about this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Goes Rawr!
    Can you give us an example of say such file?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I just went and searched for "game". About 3/4 of the results were those 32k programs. I was able to download them this time. I downloaded 2 of them. When I clicked on them, they turned out to be something like an internet shortcut. They were ads. Kinda like the stuff you'd expect to see in a pop-up. One was a contest, the other was just an ad.

It's odd...I've tried to download them in the past a few times, and couldn't, but just now I could. The ones that I opened seemed harmless enough, I don't think they even installed any spy or adware. Oh well, I answered my own question.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Martuni
    I just went and searched for "game". About 3/4 of the results were those 32k programs. I was able to download them this time. I downloaded 2 of them. When I clicked on them, they turned out to be something like an internet shortcut. They were ads. Kinda like the stuff you'd expect to see in a pop-up. One was a contest, the other was just an ad.

It's odd...I've tried to download them in the past a few times, and couldn't, but just now I could. The ones that I opened seemed harmless enough, I don't think they even installed any spy or adware. Oh well, I answered my own question.
    They probably installed spyware, clean your regsitry, and run an adaware program, maybe even a virus scanning program. Some of those files might look like EXE files also. Do not open those..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    i been caught with these in the past, the ones i tried to download to have a sticky at turned out to be viruses, a good anti-virus program detects and deletes em before they cause any problems

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Quote Originally Posted by Martuni

wow dude, you are a dumbass.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    As a rule of thumb try to avoid program files under 1MB on P2P networks (especially Kazaa). The small files that are common in searches will at best do nothing. At worst they'll be viruses or scripts that'll damage or expose your computer when run.