Thread: kvcd conversion trouble

Poster
    im trying to convert a avi to kvcd with ACP. ive done it many times before but this time it is not working correctly. after i convert it the audio is all messed up. on the original avi everything is fine. on the newly converted kvcd the people talk way to fast like on fast foward but the video is fine. whats wrong? thanks for the help

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    leave this thread up, but you might wanna try pm'ing/emailing muchspl2

he's the one who created the kvcd tutorial and he's very knowledgable.

Good luck!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    What are u using to encode the audio?................. Probably BeSweet.

But u should just use TMPGENC and then make sure in environmental settings u use ssrc.exe by doing the following: Options> Environmental Settings>External Tool> Where it says Sampling Frequency converter this is where u put in ssrc.exe if u don't have it download it then u the main page of tmpgenc the click on audio source and load the original .wav or .mp2 (if it doesn't show up clik all files) then in the tabs next to it clik the bullet audio only then after that go into the settings and make sure they are correct: AUDIO should be 44100khz and u can set the bitrate to 112 or 128 unless your movie size is small enough for more audio to fit. Let that rip and your done.
    Last edited by Gre1; 01-17-2005 at 04:14 AM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gre1
    What are u using to encode the audio?................. Probably BeSweet.

But u should just use TMPGENC and then make sure in environmental settings u use ssrc.exe by doing the following: Options> Environmental Settings>External Tool> Where it says Sampling Frequency converter this is where u put in ssrc.exe if u don't have it download it then u the main page of tmpgenc the click on audio source and load the original .wav or .mp2 (if it doesn't show up clik all files) then in the tabs next to it clik the bullet audio only then after that go into the settings and make sure they are correct: AUDIO should be 44100khz and u can set the bitrate to 112 or 128 unless your movie size is small enough for more audio to fit. Let that rip and your done.
    sorry but i didnt understand a thing u said there. i am using ACP 0.9.993 is that the latest version? if not and you give me a link to the latest version because that may be the problem. im pretty sure acp uses besweet.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    muchspl2
    it happens, you can extract the audio from your fucked up kvcd in tmpgenc (de-mux under tools)this will give you mp2 + mp1 basicly the video and audio seperate. with the originel avi in v-dub strip the audio as wave, then use a program called bsweet to turn the wav to mp2
    then finanliy mux in tmpgenc with your mp1 (kvcd video)
    not as hard as it sounds :/
    good luck

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    much what does acp use to do it's audio?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    muchspl2
    vdub mod and besweet

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yeah, that's what I thought and he said his audio is moving to fast that is probably happinging from besweet thats why I was telling him to use TMPGENC instead of Besweet thats why I stopped using it. I was getting out of sync issues but most of the time it's with sample rate conversions thats and he will have to do alot of those if he is always converting xvid sources.