Thread: Boot Xp

hi guys i just got boot xp last night but ive decided that i dont really want it any more and was wondering how to uninstallit, yes i know add/remove programs but are ther ANY othere things i need to take into consideration before uninstalling it, i have about 40gb of stuff on my comiputer which is all pretty important to me and the rest of my family so some good advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Dodgy knees
    I had boot xp a while back and then uninstalled the program ok but it left me with 2 boot.ini files and therefore a choice of 2 os when I booted my pc.

If you have the same problem let me know and I'll try to help but don't just delete any boot.ini file otherwise you may not be able to boot your system!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hey, thats exactley my problem with boot xp, i liek being able to change my boot screens but hate having to choose what os i wanna use, i want to delete teh 'line' one or whatever it is called, the 'back-up' as it would be, please get back i will actually appreciate it
    Thanks!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Dodgy knees
    okay here goes,

Look for your boot.ini file in the windows folder and make a copy of it(just in case).Move it to desktop or somewhere you know it is safe!

Then open your original boot.ini file (it should open in notepad).
    It should look like this;

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

As you said there is one with something extra (like "line"),you can delete this and make sure the only thing left looks like mine (above).

Re-boot ,then let me know.

I did have another program to change the boot screens and never had any problems with it but I can't remember the name which is a shame because it was much better than boot xp and set the screens ramdomly and did not use any system resources.Boot xp isn't worth the bother.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    done! lovely job. thanks, now, remeber what that program was called for me please

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Dodgy knees
    Ha finally found it filed away.

I'm pretty sure it's the one I was thiking about it's called logonuibootrandomizer.
    If you want it pm me with your e-mail address and i'll send it to you as it's only 420kb.