Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush says his re-election affirms Iraq policy

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    yea, if it makes anyone feel better, as busyman pointed out.. the weather is going to be terrible for both inaugurations. This time cold as hell and 4 years ago not as cold, but a ton of rain. I still have my poster i picked up in washington, its in taters and it ran all over the place from the rain. Ironically, it was about how many people he put to death in texas. "wanted for murder: george bush". Funny how such things are so insignificant in light of what he has done in the last 4 years. I am very happy that you are going busyman, if cant go i would like a report back if possible. Its always hard to tell how many people are at these things unless you are actually there. Peace man.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    jActually, your sign is still appropriate..i see Bush as a murderer..of our troops and the Iraqi's. What a schmuck.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    People who protest things like this are morons who have no job and nothing else better to do. Protesting things like this are pointless because they accomplish absolutely nothing. I hated Kerry but I didn’t go to any of his rallies and try to cause trouble, which would have been pointless, instead I voted against him which actually did something. What all of these morons should have done is get together in November and get out the vote to get Kerry elected and actually try to help the cause. I talked to people about the election and also got some people to register to vote, which is much more effective than holding up a sign and yelling obscenities.

Its been a while since I’ve had time to post, everyone doing ok?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    So hank, does this mean you agree with everything Bush says and does?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    People who protest things like this are morons who have no job and nothing else better to do. Protesting things like this are pointless because they accomplish absolutely nothing. I hated Kerry but I didn’t go to any of his rallies and try to cause trouble, which would have been pointless, instead I voted against him which actually did something. What all of these morons should have done is get together in November and get out the vote to get Kerry elected and actually try to help the cause. I talked to people about the election and also got some people to register to vote, which is much more effective than holding up a sign and yelling obscenities.

Its been a while since I’ve had time to post, everyone doing ok?
    We want bush to know that he doesn't have support from the whole country. He wants to have some huge inauguration during a time of war.. well then we can remind him that we are still at war and he really screwed it up. AND THESE SAME PEOPLE DID REGISTER VOTERS... way more than the republicans did. And before you go around calling everyone a moron look at the casualty count in iraq and tell me that its worth it. We gave up the hunt for weapons last week officially without finding any. The bottom line is he said we were going there to get weapons of mass destruction... there weren't any.. like we said before the war when we - yes you guessed it.. PROTESTED against an impending war on iraq. Some of us Americans use the rights that we have to tell our leaders they screwed up big time and that we dont want any more innocent american kids to die in this war. We don't want him to destroy social security. We don't want racist judges in our judicial system.

But you would rather sit back and call us morons.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    First off Vid nice to talk again.

Now of course I don’t agree with everything Bush does, you can’t agree with everything someone does. I’m sure you don’t always agree on every little thing with your wife but I’m pretty sure that’s she a good person overall.

@ Mog – I’m pretty sure that Bush already knew that the whole country didn’t support him because he didn’t get %100 present of the vote during the election. And you talk about democrats registering more voters that may be true but if the people who register don’t go out and vote than you’ve wasted your time.

You went out and protested before the invasion and that accomplished what? Nothing. The invasion took place the majority of the people in America supported the effort and the President won re election.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    That is the worst arguement I have ever heard. If something you do doesn't work, do you just give up? I don't think so. We don't expect anything to happen. He's not going to suddenly give up the presidency. But if he looks out his limo and sees throngs of people that hate what he has done, it might do something. We want him to know that all these people dont aprecciate what he has done to screw up our country and our standing abroad. Its fine to disagree with what we stand for, but to belittle our actions and call us morons.. thats just immature. It is beyond belief that any reasonable person can defend bush. He has screwed this country up more than any president every has. He has ushered in a new age of terrorism and breeded new terrorists. He is destroying our economy and the social services that made america the great country it is today. Every day he is president, the bleaker the outlook is. He isn't a republican, he just does what he wants. He is a whore to corporations. Everyone he appoints to regulate our industries are lobbyists that side with industry and not the enviornment or public safety. God i cant understand how anyone could vote or support him.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Let me give you people a little insight into human nature.

As a preface, I voted for Kerry.

I have many co-workers that voted for Bush.

I asked them, "what about Iraq, what about credibility".

"What about it. With Bush in, I keep more of the money I earn. I couldn't give a fuck about Iraq."

That is why a republican was re-elected. Bush just happened to be the man on the ballot ticket.

Iraq was not what was voted on, people were looking out for #1 as usual.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    jesus people are ignorant. this is their country too.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mogadishu
    jesus people are ignorant. this is their country too.
    Ignorant? What the fuck are you babbling about. People are selfish.

Just remember that most Americans don't know a single soldier or family involved in Iraq. Iraq is some abstract situation they see on the TV.

Their monthly budget they see before them, haunting their dreams, night after night.
    Last edited by hobbes; 01-19-2005 at 11:21 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast