Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bush says his re-election affirms Iraq policy

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    jeez sorry.. wrong word.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    @ hank... so you don't agree with everything...yet somehow Bush thinks you do because you voted for him....Isn't it part of the whole freedom thing that we make sure our leaders KNOW if the things they are doing are not the reason we voted for them?
    for goodness sake the constitution allows us to bear arms against them (there is an amendment that needs inserting...I believe that should be removed)... All these people are doing is voicing through protest.
    Last edited by vidcc; 01-20-2005 at 12:25 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Iraq was not what was voted on, people were looking out for #1 as usual.
    I've said it before....

Most Presidents make no difference in most of our daily lives.

Presidents affect soldiers, the rich, the elderly, and layman with various sweeping laws (FMLA - Clinton, abortion rights, gay rights, etc.).
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-20-2005 at 01:18 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I've said it before....

Most Presidents make no difference in most of our daily lives.

Presidents affect soldiers, the rich, the elderly, and layman with various sweeping laws (FMLA - Clinton, abortion rights, gay rights, etc.).
    That is why people vote party, not candidate.

That is why the election of Bush does not mean that people support his policies.
    Last edited by hobbes; 01-20-2005 at 01:27 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    That is why people vote party, not candidate.

That is why the election of Bush does not mean that people support his policies.
    You'll be amazed.

Rich folk don't make up that much of the population.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    @ hank... so you don't agree with everything...yet somehow Bush thinks you do because you voted for him....Isn't it part of the whole freedom thing that we make sure our leaders KNOW if the things they are doing are not the reason we voted for them?
    for goodness sake the constitution allows us to bear arms against them (there is an amendment that needs inserting...I believe that should be removed)... All these people are doing is voicing through protest.

Vid nowhere in my posts did I say they shouldn’t be allowed to protest, what I said is that it doesn’t accomplish anything. Screaming, yelling and holding up signs that are vulgar isn't a way of conveying the message that you are unhappy with the President’s performance. Did you not see the analogy in my other post? There is just no way that you can ever agree with everything a person does.
    Last edited by BigBank_Hank; 01-20-2005 at 04:37 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Hank

my first words said you don't agree with everything.....

on this board we chew the fat and express our pleasure or displeasure on given subjects, does it achieve anything?

Tell me how you would get your message across. Lobbying only works if the lobbyist has an agenda that fits with the person they are lobbying.

If it wasn't for protesters, some people still wouldn't have the vote and would still be segregated in some states.....The USA has a short history, so there isn't too much to forget about.

Edit:

do you think the protesters in the Ukraine accomplish nothing?
    Last edited by vidcc; 01-20-2005 at 06:40 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I really hope his quest for freedom does not end in the bloodshed and mess that threatens
    Last edited by SeK612; 01-20-2005 at 06:21 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    actually what Americans think about the "quest for freedom" counts for nothing. The only view that counts is that of the people from the country being "set free"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123