Thread: Cue. Files

I know how they work, and somewhat how to use them to burn. My question is when you burn a bin. file using the cue. file and you get the files on cd, is that cd used only to install the program, or can it be used while playing the game too?

For example, if i d/led the bin. and cue. files for C&C and burned it to a disk, i would install the game using the disk, but would the computer require that i use the disk while playing the game? or is it jsut for one time installations only?
    -TiMz

2. Games   -   #2
    If you have a no cd crack, then you don't need the cd in the drive to play the game.

3. Games   -   #3
    Command and conquer generals may not install from the cd (violation error or can't find error)
    read instructions posted on forums on how to do this. This does not mean the game won't work or there is really a problem. Just means windows can't install it or find a certain file for some dumb reason.

Most .bin files come with the cd crack so you won't need the cd. Most won't run without the crack anyway because of the cd protection.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    to answer the question :

but would the computer require that i use the disk while playing the game? or is it jsut for one time installations only?

yes, unless as the great dude said if u have a no cd crack from a crack website such as gamecopyworld because with isos (unlike rips), it is like the REAL cd and so it is cd dependent

5. Games   -   #5
    hmmm, i c
    -TiMz