Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ps2 ticking noise

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yep i had this problem once means its mafuckto

it ends up scratching your disks and fucking them up permanently!!!

i think it was aggravated coz my ex threw it which led us to a break up 5 minutes later..... 4 year relationship gone!

but year mine was about 1 year and a bit old i ignored the ticking at first then all of a sudden all started with the game the getaway he froze during cut scenes I took the disk out it literately burned a round circle scratch mark on the entire disk
    Last edited by Adster; 01-21-2005 at 01:46 AM.

2. Games   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    yep i had this problem once means its mafuckto

it ends up scratching your disks and fucking them up permanently!!!

i think it was aggravated coz my ex threw it which led us to a break up 5 minutes later..... 4 year relationship gone!

but year mine was about 1 year and a bit old i ignored the ticking at first then all of a sudden all started with the game the getaway he froze during cut scenes I took the disk out it literately burned a round circle scratch mark on the entire disk
    Damn that sucks...and sorry bout the girl. (Can't live wit em...can't live without em....hopefully not just her ass for some guys hehe)
    Yea, I'll try to get a new laser for it and install it myself if it's easy enough.
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 01-21-2005 at 02:46 AM.

3. Games   -   #13
    Anyone know of a good place to buy a new ps2 cd/dvd dual laser part, website? Is it possible to install such a thing with ease...or what do you recommend me do with a ps2 that plays everything but DVD movies and games with a void warranty label. (4 years ago...didn't worry)

4. Games   -   #14
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight
    Anyone know of a good place to buy a new ps2 cd/dvd dual laser part, website? Is it possible to install such a thing with ease...or what do you recommend me do with a ps2 that plays everything but DVD movies and games with a void warranty label. (4 years ago...didn't worry)
    if i was you id just buy another 1 if i had the dough

5. Games   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    if i was you id just buy another 1 if i had the dough
    Getting the new slimline v10 soon, but I could have had an extra for my bro. We got a share again now. He has another tv too..would have been nice.
    I'm just wondering if a new laser is easy to install.. I can solder most computer things pretty well...not to bad?

6. Games   -   #16
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight
    Getting the new slimline v10 soon, but I could have had an extra for my bro. We got a share again now. He has another tv too..would have been nice.
    I'm just wondering if a new laser is easy to install.. I can solder most computer things pretty well...not to bad?
    it probbly isnt hard but i dunno if you can get that part

7. Games   -   #17
    Found one at Divineo! $50 though, and the refurbished for about $30 is out of stock.
    Can't you buy version 4-8 ps2s (non-slim) for like $60-80?
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 01-22-2005 at 03:03 PM.

8. Games   -   #18
    Site Owner
    I know this might sound rather risky, but mine also was having the same problem. It has the chip to play backups, and it wasn't playing any backups, and only a few originals. I was just gonna buy a new one, so I decided to open it up and see if I could find anything wrong. I didn't find anything at all, but decided to take a q-tip with rubbing alcohol on it and clean the lense. I did this, and now it works fine. Just be careful and don't lose any screws and you should be ok

Brian

9. Games   -   #19
    muchspl2
    its a common problem called DRE
    google are look at your other thread where I posted a link on how to fix it.

10. Games   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    its a common problem called DRE
    google are look at your other thread where I posted a link on how to fix it.
    tried nearly 10 steps to help solve DRE..no dice either.
    I'm gonna buy a new laser and install to save money, so my bro can also have a ps2 of his own.

damn, I heard some people installed the new laser and it did'nt fix the "dvd" problem. Uhg, what crap!
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 01-24-2005 at 11:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12