Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sikh School To Be Built In Slough, England.

I am not sure that I'm too happy about this new school thats gonna be built for the sikh comunity.
    I don't have any problem with other nationalities coming into England to live, however, I believe that anyone coming to live in my country should live as I live.

There are laws being passed in France forbidding school children from wearing headscarves and turbans to school... what do we do.. we build a special school for them.

The proposed school is gonna cost us tax payers £6million.... the Sikh community have to contribute too.. £600,000.... is that a fair contribution?

There are many points to discuss here.. lets hear some of your views on this subject.
    Saw this at another forum. I was intrigued by the post. I know it is proper etiquette to put my own opinion first, but I'm just curious to see where this thread travels here in comparison to where it did in its original forum.
    Last edited by hobbes; 01-21-2005 at 12:01 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    as long as they don't change any laws or require me to adjust.

the fact that my school was catholic and funded as a catholic (religious) school, i believe gave me an above average quality of education.

if sikhs want to discriminate to give their community a better education i dont see a problem.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think it's perfectly acceptable to have schools to cater to different cultures with the proviso that they teach the basic required curriculum of the country they are located as well as their own classes.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Seems to me another case of religion dividing the community.
    If we had no religion in schools, we could all integrate and perhaps live together more harmoniously.
    Even better, ban all religion and the world could perhaps live in harmony, or is that just me dreaming of Utopia?
    Last edited by rf9rider; 01-21-2005 at 01:45 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    I believe that anyone coming to live in my country should live as I live.
    do they have to live exactly as he lives? but what if a Sikh doesn't like football, page three of The Sun, and Westlife?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by rf9rider
    Or is that just me dreaming of Utopia?
    1) Yes, you're thinking of Utopia.
    2) Utopia is impossible unless the public/society in question is brianwashed or just plain dumb (cough cough 51% cough )
    3) There are many more criteria needed to create Utopia, not just "no religions"

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rf9rider
    Seems to me another case of religion dividing the community.
    If we had no religion in schools, we could all integrate and perhaps live together more harmoniously.
    Even better, ban all religion and the world could perhaps live in harmony, or is that just me dreaming of Utopia?
    If it isn't religion, it would be race, if not race, it would be.........
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    it would be what busyman?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    But why are general tax dollars going to fund a Sikh school? Private interest schools, whether they be religious or exclusive, should be privately funded.

To publicly fund a private interest institute like a country adapting to it's immigrants, not vice versa.

If the Sikhs wish to create a "special school", they may freely use their own money to do so.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Agreed. They do it here, there are many sikh schools but they are all privately funded and built.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast