Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of Console?

I need help to decide which method is better. I have the chance to exchange my ps2 for xbox (reason being xbox seems to have better line up of games for 2005). Should i exchange it for the xbox or wait for the next gen consoles. BTW when do the next gen consoles come out?

Cheers

2. Games   -   #2
    Xbox 2 - November 2005
    PS3 - March-May 2006
    Nintendo 5 - Unconfirmed but apparently December 2005 (I highly doubt it though)

3. Games   -   #3
    Do you know any websites that have pics, news and stuff like that about the next gen consoles cos i cannot find any decent ones?

4. Games   -   #4
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    not 100% sure, but from what i know xb2 wont play xb1 games, no reverse compatability. so it's something else to consider.

5. Games   -   #5
    Damn. Oh well i guess thats something to think about.

Cheers

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    not 100% sure, but from what i know xb2 wont play xb1 games, no reverse compatability. so it's something else to consider.

Rumors, MS have not made a comment on this yet, it could be backward compatable and it could not be.

7. Games   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Well if Xbox 2 is not backward compatible then having an Xbox is worth more than having a PS2 (which games will work on PS3).
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Games   -   #8
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Well if Xbox 2 is not backward compatible then having an Xbox is worth more than having a PS2 (which games will work on PS3).
    That was never said, that the ps3 will be backward compatible. There researching HD DVD, so it depends. I think if they wont, becuase of hard it would be to make it read HD DVD and DVD.

9. Games   -   #9
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    ya, they're most likely going to come out with hd dvd (thus the 2006 release), so i doubt ps3 will have backwards compatibility. as for the tradein, i give it a thumbs up (get the xbox)

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

10. Games   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith
    That was never said, that the ps3 will be backward compatible. There researching HD DVD, so it depends. I think if they wont, becuase of hard it would be to make it read HD DVD and DVD.
    Of course it's been said. It's been even bantered about whether it would only be PS2 compatible and not PS1 which is understandable. Who knows how they'll work it?

Everyone always thinks they are an expert about something that ain't even out. Obviously nothing is absolute....yet.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast