Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miracle: Best Sports Movie

trajillo's Avatar Fitter Happier
    I saw this movie in an in-flight, and i throught it was pretty good, now usually in-flight movies suck because of the plane but then i hired it out and watched it again, and that is the best sports movie i think..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0349825/

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    It was a great movie maybe not the best sports movie ever but it is up there.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Best sports movie? You mean it's better than 'Rudy'? B/c that's the best sports movie imo, but I haven't seen Miracle yet either. Not really the big hockey fan.

yo

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Very good movie. The way Herb Brooks picked those kids. And they were kids 18-21 years old was genius. Those kids defeated seasoned professionals who were the best in the world for years. It awesome to have lived through viewing this miracle way back when. And it send chills up my spine watching Kurt Russell portray Brooks. Excellent acting job. Damn good movie.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Remember The Titans. Excellent movie.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    MVP 2: Most Vertical Primate. best skateboarding chimp movie ever.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Retired
    anyone seen Friday Night Lights? heared is a good sports movie.

It bases on a true story (just like Miracle)

but I read that its not the same as the real story;

In reality, the 1988 Permian High School Panthers lost to Dallas-Carter in the state semi-finals, not the state finals. Carter did go on to win the state championship, but was later forced to forfeit its entire season when it was discovered that an academically ineligible player had been allowed to play after his grades were changed.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 01-23-2005 at 09:31 AM.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    forced to forfeit its entire season when it was discovered that an academically ineligible player had been allowed to play after his grades were changed.
    that should be a good lesson to school sports coaches: don't let the stupid guy play!
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 01-23-2005 at 09:48 AM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    anyone seen Friday Night Lights? heared is a good sports movie.

It bases on a true story (just like Miracle)

but I read that its not the same as the real story;

In reality, the 1988 Permian High School Panthers lost to Dallas-Carter in the state semi-finals, not the state finals. Carter did go on to win the state championship, but was later forced to forfeit its entire season when it was discovered that an academically ineligible player had been allowed to play after his grades were changed.

Friday Night Lights is good movie indeed. I love movies about Texas HS football. People always think that it's being blown out of proportion the way the whole town gets involved, but it's not. High school football in Texas is IT if you're from a small town.

yo

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    I liked the movie "Slapshot" .......well a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast