Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruthie: Don't Pm Me

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Oh my. this has gotten quite interesting. By the way, Philly has a touchdown.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    So you do care about what he thinks

Saying that you don't care about what someone thinks is absolute. Not something that can be tailored.

However, I am being pedantic. You may continue to misuse the term as you wish - I may not comment in future, but I'll still care
    *sigh* Ok, let me put it to you this way... Lets say you're neighbor is lusting after your wife, he thinks she's hot... no big deal, right? You don't care what he thinks....

You come home one day to find him trying to kiss your wife, I would assume you would care what he does... see? Thoughts and actions. Jude can think whatever he wants, he can think I'm a raving asshole, I don't care, but when he starts a thread accusing ruthie of PMing him that's an action. It's not that deep.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I do believe you spoke in a derogatory manner about the lounge as a whole, did you not?
    No, I spoke in a derogatory manner about super jude...

And you would be the shitbird husband I asked him about why he had to insult.
    And I replied to it. Whats the big deal?
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    *sigh* Ok, let me put it to you this way... Lets say you're neighbor is lusting after your wife, he thinks she's hot... no big deal, right? You don't care what he thinks....

You come home one day to find him trying to kiss your wife, I would assume you would care what he does... see? Thoughts and actions. Jude can think whatever he wants, he can think I'm a raving asshole, I don't care, but when he starts a thread accusing ruthie of PMing him that's an action. It's not that deep.
    Quite right. That's totally correct. However it isn't relevant here in the least, this is the interweb.

Your course of action was to post some words, aimed at SJ. Words intended to make him realise that his actions were wrong. So you see, you're caring about what he thinks.

*sigh*
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    No, I spoke in a derogatory manner about super jude...

And I replied to it. Whats the big deal?
    It's the lounge comments, as far as I know SJ doesn't have any bigger a fanbase in here than anywhere else on this board, and most of the people in here are friends of mine, come to think of it.

I just don't like it when someone pops in here and looks down his nose at the people in here, especially when I've just sort of tried to defend that person.

And, really, I thought ruthie was doing a fine job of turning this around on SJ, until you showed up and insulted whoever it was, that kind of sunk it to the level SJ employed when he first made this thread in the drawing room.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    "but she did PM him"
    Yes, I did return his pm..being that I am polite. LOL. I do see, however that it wasn't a good use of time. I was quite surprised that he tried to twist what happened. I was also somehow surprised that he suggested we overdose. Needless to say, i am not one of his fans. ROFL

anywhichway

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Is it mad week?

If so, why was I not informed?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    but she did PM him
    I see a subtle difference between an initial PM and a reply... and I see the manipulation of someone who posts that reply as the initial PM...

see the problem is you can't resist the "it's not that deep" comment. so you always appear condescending.
    Well, if it's not that deep, it's not that deep. If that's condescending, oh well.

like describing folk (who you don't know) as teeny fanboys, or whatever.
    That would be teenybopper fans (who don't exist but in his mind)... have you read super judes sig? Perhaps you might ask him who his fans are.

EDIT - the histrionic sigh didn't help either.
    Look, I came here to respond to super jude. Somehow people here took it as some kind of insult to everyone in the lounge.

My apologies to everyone in the lounge.

10. Lounge   -   #60
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Is it mad week?

If so, why was I not informed?
    Biggles...I think it is mad week. Consider yourself informed.

"I just don't like it when someone pops in here and looks down his nose at the people in here, especially when I've just sort of tried to defend that person."
    Perhaps the teenybopper comment was taken out of context. It was not directed towards other members of the lounge.

anywhichway

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast